• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

Also, we'll still look into it, but it's going to have to come after we do the software upgrade that we've got scheduled sometime before football season.

I was looking at the results of the "how old are you" poll and was really surprised at the lack of 18 - 20 demographic on this site. Out of curiosity I did a google search for "Wake Forest message board" and this site did not pop up until the 4th page. Do you guys have any plan on how to recruit new members? I do not think that enticing people from DS will work anymore since everyone still there is likely entrenched

help with how to edit thread title!

New trick I discovered:

From the main forum page, just double click the box your thread is in (not the actual title itself, obviously) and you should be able to edit the title.

New trick I discovered:

From the main forum page, just double click the box your thread is in (not the actual title itself, obviously) and you should be able to edit the title.

This is how we do it.

Last edited:
Probably been requested earlier in the thread, but is there a way to track the rep you have given?

Probably been requested earlier in the thread, but is there a way to track the rep you have given?

Not as of yet. There might be that functionality in 4.1.2, but we won't know for a few weeks.

For some reason, it just dawned on me that this board does not have a ticket exchange forum for the upcoming football and basketball season. Perhaps there is a reason why there is not one, but I thought I would just throw out the observation.

For some reason, it just dawned on me that this board does not have a ticket exchange forum for the upcoming football and basketball season. Perhaps there is a reason why there is not one, but I thought I would just throw out the observation.

Welp, the main reason would probably be that the other one never ever got used.

We'd think about adding it if we thought people would actually use it.

Remove anonymous tags and rep (or possibly somehow limit both functions).

Way too much passive-aggressive anger and attacks are volleyed on the boards under the guise of being hidden. Not to mention neither function is truly essential to the success of a message board.

I was looking at the results of the "how old are you" poll and was really surprised at the lack of 18 - 20 demographic on this site. Out of curiosity I did a google search for "Wake Forest message board" and this site did not pop up until the 4th page. Do you guys have any plan on how to recruit new members? I do not think that enticing people from DS will work anymore since everyone still there is likely entrenched

That probably has less to do with the Google and more to do with results on the court/field.

Current students really just aren't interested at all really other than a handful.

Current students really just aren't interested at all really other than a handful.

If you spent a day going through the freshman dorms putting up legit flyers, talking about a forum for Wake Forest fans to discuss Wake sports, I think you'd get a decent amount of new sign ups.

But yeah, for the most part, with how bad we are going to be in our major sports, students don't want to come on a message board to discuss how much we suck.

I don't think anyone should be allowed to use another poster's avatar.

You guys need some to work on some SEO

Are the words "message board" anywhere on the site?

Not a big fan of the hh:mm:ss display on posts now. More cluttered. See a post like this 12:03:45 PM and think it was at 3:45 instead of 12:03. I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly, but is there a need for this?

I gotta say, the tag feature should be removed.

1. Not fulfilling intended purpose: The tagging feature was supposed to make posts easier to find and organize related topics. This has not been the case at all. Actually, I'm not sure that ANY of the thread tags could be used for this (other than ovis aries, and that's debatable).

2. Abuse: tags have become a way to anonymously and publicly attack other users. Negative rep is one thing, but the individual who receives the rep is the only person who can see the offensive language or attack. This board just doesn't have a place for anonymous attacks like "dv7eatsshit," "<femaleposter>isawhore," or any of the other needlessly derogatory tags present on the majority of threads.

3. Undermining the "open" purpose of the boards: these boards were created so that individuals could say what they want to say. The board culture has grown up around a group of mods (except for one; sorry, moonzzz) who claim every iota of information they distribute. These boards thrive on the open discussion, but are obviously injured by anonymous negative comments (anon. neg rep and the resulting negativity associated with bruised egos are a fine example here). Every individual who has professed to "need a break" from the boards or has chosen to publicly leave have cited this type of negativity.

4. Negativity outweighs any humorous benefits: some tags are hilarious. However, these tags may be actually undermining quality posting by proving a "slacker" posting vector. If a clever poster has an opportunity to make a funny comment, they will do so; either in the form of a post or a tag. Tagging merely provides another vector with which to deliver humor, but not one that is unique or special enough to outweigh the harm caused by truncating posting (i.e. the twitter effect) and anonymity (see above).

I'm all for free speech. If you want to say it; do it. If it's in the public domain though, you'd better own it.

you have no idea what you are talking about. Please share more of your stories about the hot chicks you fucked in junior high

Back