• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Summer's Coming: Your favorite mass produced American Premium/Economy Beer

Miller lite. The aluminium pint screw tops are awesome for the beach or camping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Another Vote for High Life but only in a bottle or draft. For some reason the cans dont have the same taste.

And Coors Lite when it gets insane ATL August Hot.

The most important thing is to have the locking YETI coozie to keep the beer cold.

When did Coors Banquet get stuck with the name Coors Banquet? It has always been Coors original or Coors gold until recently.

Bud Light Platinum, then Rolling Rock, then champagne of beers!

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

I don't think there is any cheap beer I won't drink. I actually dig Bud Light Lime, if I'm being honest.

When did Coors Banquet get stuck with the name Coors Banquet? It has always been Coors original or Coors gold until recently.

In pop culture I'm guessing it started with the Sam Elliott narrated commercials

In pop culture I'm guessing it started with the Sam Elliott narrated commercials

WHY COORS IS CALLED “THE BANQUET BEER”

...No doubt a back-breaking, life-threatening workday ended with some serious feasting. Miners were largely immigrants, so they probably ate food typical of their homeland, Sarah says. Miners from Cornwall, England, might’ve packed pasties, for instance.

And what’s a feast — or banquet — without beer?

So when Clear Creek miners sat down to banquets large and small, Coors was there.

“Since Golden was the ‘Gateway to Mining,’ word of the beer’s taste and quality spread quickly from mining camp to mining camp,” Russ writes in his book. “Distribution was aided by Golden’s location on the Colorado Central Railroad, just north across Clear Creek from the brewery. Off the railcar, wagonloads of beer were pulled by mules to thirsty miners in the foothills.”

Some of that beer was delivered by Mr. Coors himself.

After the mining boom ended — and after 17 long, dry years of Prohibition in Colorado — Coors started using the name “Banquet” to toast the miners who were some of our very first customers. In 1937 Coors officially became “The Banquet Beer” … which sounds even better when a familiar voice says it:

There's a bar a visit on occasion in the NC mountains that does $0.50 Rolling Rocks on Wed nights along with $10 all you can eat wings and half priced apps. The Rolling Rock is surprisingly tasty for $0.50 even in a 10oz. pour.

I don't think there is any cheap beer I won't drink. I actually dig Bud Light Lime, if I'm being honest.

I'm not surprised it took this long, but I'm surprised it took this long.

Alternating BLL and Natty on the beach. Labatt Blue Light Lime at the lake. Genny Cream Ale at the tailgate.

I can't tell the difference between the light beers or really the normal coors heavy, bud heavy, etc. I'll get whatever is the cheapest, which is usually PBR or Kirkland Light if I have access to a Costco. Or sometimes the ones with lime can be nice for tubing, which is basically the only time I'd buy this kind of beer. I think once I found Keystone Light Lime, which was appropriately both liquid and cold.

oh, I hadn't thought about Bud Light Lime - those are tasty on a hot day at the beach.

Back