• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspensions

those who take fake classes shouldn't throw books

It is about time somebody cracked down on this rogue program. This win-at-all-costs attitude is unsustainable. Time for a culture change in Winston-Salem.

Everyone knows a few ACC teams are going to get some minor violations to try and make the UNC situation not stand out.

Damn! We need DM and Chill to lace them up and play for us just to be able to field any semblance of a team. :tard:

6 games?
c6e184c37df932d599fc1db174c7c7b2c8caf5400bc6b13d6865c1393f7b3122.jpg

(probably better in this thread):

6-game suspension from the NCAA means something they deem very serious indeed -- so, like, not institutional academic cheating or fake classes. Probably we self-reported something and the NCAA over-reacted.

When I heard where Wilbekin went to high school I was hopeful that it meant he had learned some entertaining arches of the eyebrow. Now, I'm starting to wonder if the school was named for different reasons.

Mitchell Wilbekin @Mwilbekin10 · 3m 3 minutes ago
#FreeMitch

Hudson and Watson were on the bench cheering at least, not sure if that means anything.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_3ea254ac-88b9-11e4-9c06-03a05a4fa863.html

Wilbekin, a guard from Gainesville who has started the past seven games, was suspended for as many as six games by the NCAA. Athletics Director Ron Wellman said that Wake Forest will appeal the suspension, but declined to reveal its cause.

“We’re going to work with the NCAA,” Wellman said at halftime by phone from Winston-Salem. “We’ve been working on it for some time and we’re going to continue to present our case to the NCAA. We believe the penalty is severe for the violation. We hope to be able to come up with a resolution that is a little bit more fair to Mitch and the program.”

Wellman said he couldn’t predict when Wilbekin might return. The Deacons will play at home against Bucknell on Monday.

“We can’t dictate the timetable,” Wellman said. “It’s up the NCAA. We worked with them an awful lot this past week and we will continue on Monday.”

Hudson and Watson were suspended for what Coach Danny Manning termed conduct detrimental to the team. Hudson had started the previous seven games and Watson played in six of the Deacons’ first 10 games.

“To me, they weren’t handling themselves the way I expect them to handle themselves,” Manning said without revealing their transgressions. “And they need to tighten up. That was my message to them.

“They understand that and hopefully we’re moving in a different direction now with that.”

Manning hedged when asked if Hudson and Watson will play against Bucknell.

“We’re moving in that direction,” Manning said. “I’m almost there.”

Why is the nature of an NCAA violation a state secret? It can't be as big of an embarrassment to Wake as the hiring of [Redacted] and Mr. Wellman's overall incompetence. The secrecy that surrounds our athletic department is incredible. It will be very interesting to see how much pull Wellman has with the folks working at NCAA Infractions to reduce the punishment.

Ron Wellman hates this bad culture. He is lobbying for the the NCAA to throw the book at him.

Back