• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspensions

wonder if the violation has anything to do with contact between mitchell and wake/manning after the hiring last season

wonder if the violation has anything to do with contact between mitchell and wake/manning after the hiring last season

This is what I would guess.

Also regarding Hudson and Rondale: once again I am glad to have a real coach. Manning is going to be just fine for us. The guy gets it. He doesn't use the media to beat up his players. He uses playing time.

It was amazing how bad florida looked yesterday when they didn't have any legit shooters. I think both teams went 6-7 minutes without a basket. [Redacted] destroyed our program. It will take 3 years to build it back. We should see marked improvement next year with a few more fresh faces.

Wouldn't they punish the school or coach, instead of the player, if it's a recruiting violation?

Last edited:
Just an observation: the University of Kentucky is shutting out (by three touchdowns and a field goal) a ranked, 11 time national champion on national t.v. with the NBA draft's green room signed and coached (in a sense) by a two time violator, and the NCAA is investigating a Wake Forest role player.

Of course.

I don't think there's much doubt that we've returned to a more Dino style of recruiting. I assume the difference, or at least the rationalization that the AD will use, is that there will be more governance to prevent and discipline problems once the players enroll.

I don't think there's much doubt that we've returned to a more Dino style of recruiting. I assume the difference, or at least the rationalization that the AD will use, is that there will be more governance to prevent and discipline problems once the players enroll.
What makes you say that? We don't even know it's recruiting-related yet.

I am sure that's right. It's also talking out of both sides of their mouth

I was responding to #returningtogaudioculture. I just meant the recruiting emphasis is back on talent over Wake Forest fit. Given the volume of offers DM is giving out, we don't appear to filtering out too many prospects. This is a good thing and is probably the only way we can compete.

Reactions: Ayo
Back