• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspensions

I've heard these kids simply stumbled across some photos of Buzz and Wellman in a "compromised" position.

It had to be point shaving because of all our ACC caliber players.

Wouldn't they punish the school or coach, instead of the player, if it's a recruiting violation?

Would seem to be in line with flawed NCAA logic to punish a player over a coach, AD or institution. Although player and institution punishment seem to go hand-in-hand with the NCAA more often than not.

At least we haven't gotten in trouble for the recruitment of Dinos or Crabcake just yet. After Dave Odom got slapped on the wrist for impropriety in the recruitment of Peral, I always get skittish when we go after a European born player.

And didn't Ndiaye suffer the most in whatever convoluted recruiting violation was committed back in 1992/93?

Would seem to be in line with flawed NCAA logic to punish a player over a coach, AD or institution. Although player and institution punishment seem to go hand-in-hand with the NCAA more often than not.

At least we haven't gotten in trouble for the recruitment of Dinos or Crabcake just yet. After Dave Odom got slapped on the wrist for impropriety in the recruitment of Peral, I always get skittish when we go after a European born player.

And didn't Ndiaye suffer the most in whatever convoluted recruiting violation was committed back in 1992/93?

He did. He was sent to UNC.

I think the improprieties were only in the Mahktar recruiting. I don't think there were any on Wake's part with Peral. He simply had to sit out/lose a year in exchange for his (semi)pro experience.

Back