• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

T. Woods

Yep I had definitely not heard the real story just what was reported when it first happened. Glad to know it was not as bad as what was reported.

Whole lot of fail on this thread and this dumb ass post is a big part of it.

Get over yourself I had not heard any more about the story than what was initially reported and that was one of the first stories I read. I apologize for the mistake.

My understanding is that woods would have been welcomed back to the program once his academic suspension was up. Tony decided to leave on his own.

A damn shame how people reacted to that and how they jumped to judgment without any of the details. Itks my belief that Tony would have been more likely to stay if the media had presented the story fairly.
This, is simply hysterical. Seriously? If tony woods played for duke , and accused of the exact same thing, you would not make the same statement, not even close.

This, is simply hysterical. Seriously? If tony woods played for duke , and accused of the exact same thing, you would not make the same statement, not even close.

Well duh. I am a Wake fan, not a Duke fan. I am sure Duke fans were all over it, and that's their prerogative. Wake fans, however, should probably show a little restraint and at least wait until some of the facts are out before jumping to conclusions about one of our own (a guy who hadn't caused any problems while he had been at Wake). Same goes for the media and especially the school paper. I have never seen the OG&B take a strong stance on anything other than Tony Woods.

Yeah, it's funny how that whole "being a fan" thing works, isn't it?

I haven't read the whole thread...

I graduated from Penn State in 1999...Was shocked as well that Sandusky left because of all the reports you read, that he was supposed to be the heir. Amazing in 1999 we were having the exact same conversations about 'should Joe Retire'.

With all the allegations/facts/stories, etc still being surfaced, all I can say is this one really really hurts. The poor children first and foremost. However, I know myself and everyone who loves that school as much as I do, is hurt by this one. Dark day in Happy Valley

Is it ok to wait and see for all the facts to get out before we burn any of these guys? Although it seems pretty obvious that Sandusky has 'pound you in the ass' prison in his near future...

I have grown to love JOEPA, so it's hard for me to burn him. I'm not apologizing for him, I'm just waiting till the facts come out. The timing and exactly what everyone did in reaction is very merky at this time. I'm not letting anyone off the hook, just want to understand everything first.

Ok. The facts are that a grand jury did not indict joepa on anything. Sandusky was not on his staff when it was brought to his attention. So he informed the administrators who oversee what Sandusky does at this time. It was investigated by AD/President, etc. It's not like he was still on Joepa's staff, and in the next meeting Joepa said 'well, I heard you may have raped a little boy.... what is your plan to stop wisconsin's offense.'

If they did their own investigation, which I guess later the story began to change, what is joepa supposed to do? Be the lawyer/jury/police? No, he didn't say he saw it and did nothing. Someone told him that they saw it, and then he informed the people he is supposed to.

No one is blameless, and they all need to be held accountable, but it just seems to me that since he used to work with JoePa, it's now on him to take sandusky down? doesn't seem fair

This is my only point about why JoePa probably should be taken out of this scandal.... notice JoePa didn't say 'well, I heard the allegation and it didn't seem that serious..' He apparently didn't know what to make of anything, so told the people who oversee Sandusky at the time for them to perform the proper investigation. He's not in a position to be judge/jury.

Yeah, it's funny how that whole "being a fan" thing works, isn't it?

Wow, you need to get a life. I wish I had time on my hands to go back like you. Whatever, you actually proved my point with your time waster, but oh well, you're an idiot. I'm glad that thug isn't at wake anymore...the facts are out.

And, I'm still waiting, as a Penn State fan for the others involved in the scandal (no way only 5 people were involved), to get busted and sent to the grave or to 'pound them in the ass' prison.

Tony Woods was in no way the fault of Jeff [Redacted]. To say so is irresponsible and just wrong.
As much anger as there is on this board about Bz's personality, don't you think the players were pretty upset about the coaching change? That had to have played a role in what happened.

The entire incident was blown WAY out of proportion. Had Dino stayed things would have been handled far differently. After 3 years of culture change BS I now wouldn't be surprised to find out Wellman purposely exacerbated the problem to prove bad culture.

I don't know why people would think things would have been different if Dino had been here. The blowing out of proportion occurred in the media or, arguably, by the honor council. I don't see how [Redacted] gets the blame (or the credit) for Tony Woods not being at wake anymore.

As much anger as there is on this board about Bz's personality, don't you think the players were pretty upset about the coaching change? That had to have played a role in what happened.

The entire incident was blown WAY out of proportion. Had Dino stayed things would have been handled far differently. After 3 years of culture change BS I now wouldn't be surprised to find out Wellman purposely exacerbated the problem to prove bad culture.

wow

Just a reminder that Woods did plead guilty to misdemeanor assault. I didn't cry when he left.

Wow, you need to get a life. I wish I had time on my hands to go back like you. Whatever, you actually proved my point with your time waster, but oh well, you're an idiot. I'm glad that thug isn't at wake anymore...the facts are out.

And, I'm still waiting, as a Penn State fan for the others involved in the scandal (no way only 5 people were involved), to get busted and sent to the grave or to 'pound them in the ass' prison.

Yeah, the facts show that Tony didn't do a goddamn thing but plead to a lesser charge to get out of trial you fucking imbecile.

Yeah, the facts show that Tony didn't do a goddamn thing but plead to a lesser charge to get out of trial you fucking imbecile.

Didn't do a goddamn thing? Funny, I thought he admitted pushing his girlfriend off a bed.

The fact that this case was blown out of proportion initially does not mean Tony did nothing wrong. Even if she hadn't broken her back, I wouldn't want a guy on my team who pushes his girlfriend during an argument.

Good for Tony that he's gotten his life back on track apparently. But the fact of the matter is this is Bzz was in the right for once on this one.

Didn't do a goddamn thing? Funny, I thought he admitted pushing his girlfriend off a bed.

The fact that this case was blown out of proportion initially does not mean Tony did nothing wrong. Even if she hadn't broken her back, I wouldn't want a guy on my team who pushes his girlfriend during an argument.

Good for Tony that he's gotten his life back on track apparently. But the fact of the matter is this is Bzz was in the right for once on this one.

Brain density kills.

How many times do I have to say that [Redacted] really had nothing to do with this before people actually believe me?

Bzz didn't do anything in this case did he? I thought the whole thing was he was just going to have to sit out a year and [Redacted] would be fine having him back after that year. Tony chose not to return.

Bzz wasn't right and Bzz wasn't wrong. Bzz wasn't a participant.

How many times do I have to say that [Redacted] really had nothing to do with this before people actually believe me?

I was being sarcastic.

I think it's basically the "Tony Woods is a thug" crowd and those trolling them.

Bzz didn't do anything in this case did he? I thought the whole thing was he was just going to have to sit out a year and [Redacted] would be fine having him back after that year. Tony chose not to return.

I haven't heard the bold anywhere, but the rest of this is right.

An effort was made by Tony so that he would haven't been able to play or practice fall of '10 (and maybe even spring '11, don't remember that much), but still would have been able to go to class so that his eligibility wouldn't get messed up. I would assume that a conversation with [Redacted] occurred before this happened.

Bzz didn't do shit. Tony decided to leave on his own. You really have no idea what you're talking about. Please tell me more about all these cases of battered wives being pushed off of beds. By her own account she hurt her back falling off her bed a week before.

Back