• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tabari Hines to Oregon

Tabari was a good player for us, but the very thing he's running from (Dortch) is what put the gas in his tank to excel this past season. He was floundering like the other receivers before that.

Tabari was a good player for us, but the very thing he's running from (Dortch) is what put the gas in his tank to excel this past season. He was floundering like the other receivers before that.

Agree. The competition made him better.
Would be surprised if Oregon didn't have a few 'competitive' WRs on their roster as well.

I feel like the "Those who put me last will feel me first" tweet is 100% about Clawson. Heard from the only source I have (reliable enough to give me the Tabari transfer news about a week prior to his announcement) that Tabari and Clawson really got into it when he found out Dortch was still the starter - or interpreted a little differently, Tabari freaked out on Clawson and Claw said "don't like it, get out"

Clawson said he was going to try to find a way to get them both in the field at the same time. Wonder what happened with that.

I feel like the "Those who put me last will feel me first" tweet is 100% about Clawson. Heard from the only source I have (reliable enough to give me the Tabari transfer news about a week prior to his announcement) that Tabari and Clawson really got into it when he found out Dortch was still the starter - or interpreted a little differently, Tabari freaked out on Clawson and Claw said "don't like it, get out"

Understand Tabari not wanting to lose his starting spot and even pouting about it, but given Dortch's production after the decision was made, a man has to tip his hat to GD and his production and vow to be the best #2 at that spot and/or play his way into additional reps at one of the other receiver spots. Receiver is not like QB, the top 4+ are all guaranteed to get reps in every game and the ability to make plays. Wish him well, but weak sauce to run because a younger player turned out to be as good as, if not better than, any receiver in conference.

Understand Tabari not wanting to lose his starting spot and even pouting about it, but given Dortch's production after the decision was made, a man has to tip his hat to GD and his production and vow to be the best #2 at that spot and/or play his way into additional reps at one of the other receiver spots. Receiver is not like QB, the top 4+ are all guaranteed to get reps in every game and the ability to make plays. Wish him well, but weak sauce to run because a younger player turned out to be as good as, if not better than, any receiver in conference.

To be fair, we are transitioning to a less proven QB who is more prone to running.

To be fair, we are transitioning to a less proven QB who is more prone to running.

Admit that I am speculating out my arse, but I doubt that had any role in Tabari's decision to leave.

Dealt with many transfers during my playing years looking for greener pastures. The odds are against those players many more times than for them.

This included players coming off good years.

Dealt with many transfers during my playing years looking for greener pastures. The odds are against those players many more times than for them.

This included players coming off good years.

Tabari apparently wants to be the #1 guy. That wasn't happening if Dortch is healthy, and apparently Tabari wasn't going to stick around and see if Greg stayed in one piece all season.

Tabari apparently wants to be the #1 guy. That wasn't happening if Dortch is healthy, and apparently Tabari wasn't going to stick around and see if Greg stayed in one piece all season.

Yeah. Looking for greener pastures.

If Tabari had stayed at Wake, he might have seen a lot of footballs coming his way. Dortch would draw a lot of double teams, and zones rolled his way. Hines would have the lesser coverage, and should be open a lot.

No coach wants to be beaten by what the other team does best. Defenses scheme to take that away. Then deal with what is left. Can the opponents second, third, fourth options beat you?

I perused the Twitter thread and did not see a lot of love from his former teammates.

There is no I in team.

Deacs 2-0 versus Oregon. lol

I perused the Twitter thread and did not see a lot of love from his former teammates.

There is no I in team.

Deacs 2-0 versus Oregon. lol

Ah, yes.
The Poulan Weedeater Bowl.
Heck of a win for the Deacs.

Don't forget the Seattle Bowl!

Haven't forgotten.
It's just that the Poulan Weedeater Bowl is such a classic name.

And for Oregon fans, to think they lost such a bowl game.....OMG!

Haven't forgotten.
It's just that the Poulan Weedeater Bowl is such a classic name.

And for Oregon fans, to think they lost such a bowl game.....OMG!

Yeah, but we are reigning Seattle Bowl Champions

Back