• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

I don’t blame Clawson for interviewing for the Mississippi State job but I don’t think he will get it.

Somebody posted a tweet saying Clawson interviewed for the Miss State job and people aren’t freaking out?

Weird times on the boards.

I have serious doubts that Clawson did an interview. One guy with a Twitter is not enough to confirm that he did, you would think there would be a lot more smoke around if it were true. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Friday was 4 days ago. We would’ve known before now from multiple sources

Clawson isn’t going to be an exciting hire for the Mississippi State fan base. The last Coach was fired after two years even though he had an overall winning record.

Honestly, I’d be more concerned if Clawson interviews for the Baylor job.

When Miss State came open, I had a thought about Clawson, but then I thought why would he would want to go somewhere that he’d have to go through Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M just to win the division and then have to go through a Georgia or Florida to win the SEC title? I know Clemson is a big mountain to climb, but it’s just one team.

AGREE....

To me that job is an SEC graveyard and severely second fiddle in state to Ole Miss.

Clawson could get to Florida from Wake though.

Sure. That applies for any top tier job too. Clawson doesn’t need to go to Miss State if he wants to get to a Top 10 program. He just needs to win at Wake.

Clawson isn’t going to be an exciting hire for the Mississippi State fan base. The last Coach was fired after two years even though he had an overall winning record.

Honestly, I’d be more concerned if Clawson interviews for the Baylor job.

I understand that Clawson really likes cow bells and is amped up to hear 40,000 ringing at the same time.

I have a sick feeling about this

That we’ll make the same mistake we did with Grobe and over commit to keep him rather than taking the buyout to invest back in the program and hire a younger coach with fresh energy?

Sure. That applies for any top tier job too. Clawson doesn’t need to go to Miss State if he wants to get to a Top 10 program. He just needs to win at Wake.

I agree and never said otherwise.

I have serious doubts that Clawson did an interview. One guy with a Twitter is not enough to confirm that he did, you would think there would be a lot more smoke around if it were true. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Friday was 4 days ago. We would’ve known before now from multiple sources

He was pissed at FSU for firing Taggart after two years. Not sure why he would go to the doormat if the SEC after they did the same thing.

You know how this will play out?

Clawson to Starkville

Followed by Newman to Starkville.

Because that is exactly what would happen at Wake Forest.

So in typical wake forest fashion we may lose Newman, Clawson, and retain Manning.

If this does happen then can there be anymore doubt that god truly does hate Wake?

Same guy said Napier is confirmed to Miss. State. Baylor definitely much more worrisome, but see them getting a bigger name after the season they had.

Apparently Sarkisian is Mississippi State's preferred candidate. Let's see what happens.

Back