• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Basketball can come back pretty quickly with the right hire. For that reason I will never be able to write it off completely. I’ll always know a good program is right around the corner if we can just bring in the right individual. And that unrequited hope may taunt me forever.

It is often more than exploring your options - it is leveraging an extension and/or raises for your assistants ...

I would be more worried about Ole Miss than Miss St (f that job were available). Baylor is a non-starter IMO. Biff can gaff all he wants - that is his motis operandi, his raison d'etre (i.e., what he lives for, his one true calling), but this stuff matters to Clawson - food and family.

Anybody ever been to Waco? I'd take a job as the lone human on Mars over Waco (and be forced to grow potatoes in my feces). No fucking way Clawson's family approves that one. Also, anybody listened to a Clawson press conference? I have never ever heard him praise the Lord Jesus as his savior. Nor has he ever given Jesus any credit for a victory. No way to Baylor. Those Baptists are Wake Forest circa 1979.

And Oxford, Mississippi as a destination? Maybe. Starksville, no. Just no. I truly believe him when he talks about quality of life as extremely important to him. Maybe when they are empty nesters he will go all in for a 5-year top 15 program and finish it out, but he isn't there yet. If we can figure out how to put more butts in the seats and recruit more 4-stars and have better depth, he won't need to go anywhere to get that.

This. Waco makes Winston-Salem look like Newport Beach in comparison.

Mike Leach has interviewed for Mississippi State job.

It sounds like everyone on this board has visited Waco and Starkville.

Great get for Miss St. Leach v. Kiffin should make for a nice rivalry. The Egg Bowl decided by someone pretending to pee in the end zone might look tame going forward.

Great get for Miss St. Leach v. Kiffin should make for a nice rivalry. The Egg Bowl decided by someone pretending to pee in the end zone might look tame going forward.
They'll pitch a squat and pretend to play an egg.

The coach Currie wanted to hire at UT v. the coach Currie didn't want to hire at UT.

I wonder what kind of pay raise he'll be getting. Must be massive to leave a school with what I would guess is smaller expectations in an easier conference that's near some of the most beautiful places on the continent.

It is often more than exploring your options - it is leveraging an extension and/or raises for your assistants ...

I would be more worried about Ole Miss than Miss St (f that job were available). Baylor is a non-starter IMO. Biff can gaff all he wants - that is his motis operandi, his raison d'etre (i.e., what he lives for, his one true calling), but this stuff matters to Clawson - food and family.

Anybody ever been to Waco? I'd take a job as the lone human on Mars over Waco (and be forced to grow potatoes in my feces). No fucking way Clawson's family approves that one. Also, anybody listened to a Clawson press conference? I have never ever heard him praise the Lord Jesus as his savior. Nor has he ever given Jesus any credit for a victory. No way to Baylor. Those Baptists are Wake Forest circa 1979.

And Oxford, Mississippi as a destination? Maybe. Starksville, no. Just no. I truly believe him when he talks about quality of life as extremely important to him. Maybe when they are empty nesters he will go all in for a 5-year top 15 program and finish it out, but he isn't there yet. If we can figure out how to put more butts in the seats and recruit more 4-stars and have better depth, he won't need to go anywhere to get that.

Have you been to Bowling Green, Ohio? It makes Waco look like Monaco.

If Claw is such a big foodie maybe he'll just go back to Fordham.

SEC West coaches:

Saban
Malzahn
Orgeron
Kiffin
Leach
Pittman
Jimbo

Great coaches and some great/oddball personalities.

Back