• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Apparently, the same level you will expect from UGA next year with middle of the road 3 year star talent leading the Dawgs.

Apparently, the same level you will expect from UGA next year with middle of the road 3 year star talent leading the Dawgs.

Of course you realize that the rest of the team is littered with 4 & 5-star talent. You're also choosing an outlier to make your specious argument. Most of the 3-star players at Wake perform like 3-star players. I really wish Jamie had done as good of a job leading the Wake defense as you expect him to do with the Georgia defense next year.

UGA hasn't won a national championship in 14,259 days. With plenty of teams littered with 4 and 5 start talent. I guess that takes a toll on a man.

UGA hasn't won a national championship in 14,259 days. With plenty of teams littered with 4 and 5 start talent. I guess that takes a toll on a man.

I feel like there’s a place Biff could talk about his Georgia fandom that isn’t this board.

Yeah, you did.

Even the most dense among us could connect the dots that:

- when our resident UGA fanboy issues another reflexive response denigrating the quality of football talent at WF (and no one here other than you GAF about UGA football),
- that these lame and unnecessary digs will result in the response that one of those "mediocre" WF players was coveted by and is now expected to start at the most important position for Biff's favorite (and overrated) program.

You're just seeing what you want to see. You can't be serious that you believe Wake football is greatly outpacing its mediocre recruiting with its mediocre results.

Ph and others expressed wonderment at how Va Tech is going to compete when they can't attract top in-state talent. I pointed out that Wake didn't attract much, if any, in-state talent for 2020, and you turned it into a historical argument and pointed to one 3-star recruit who is transferring to Georgia (while ignoring Sage Surratt), just so you cold take a dig at me personally.

I don't really give a shit. I can take the heat or argue with you all day, but don't pretend that I said anything that was untrue, or at the very least demonstrably arguable; or that I did it to denigrate Wake's football history, which speaks for itself.

And I posted the Neuheisel comment and video as my first remembrance of him. Sorry I didn't post a video of him getting fired for filing out an NCAA pool.

Not sure I've heard the word remembrance used outside of religious settings. Rick must have had a big impact on your life!

Really ? I'd say Wake has traditionally performed to a level you would expect with middle of the road 3-star talent.

We seem to consistently finish higher in the ACC ranking than projected - and than our recruiting ranking as compared to our ACC rivals would suggest.

You're just seeing what you want to see. You can't be serious that you believe Wake football is greatly outpacing its mediocre recruiting with its mediocre results.

Ph and others expressed wonderment at how Va Tech is going to compete when they can't attract top in-state talent. I pointed out that Wake didn't attract much, if any, in-state talent for 2020, and you turned it into a historical argument and pointed to one 3-star recruit who is transferring to Georgia (while ignoring Sage Surratt), just so you cold take a dig at me personally.

I don't really give a shit. I can take the heat or argue with you all day, but don't pretend that I said anything that was untrue, or at the very least demonstrably arguable; or that I did it to denigrate Wake's football history, which speaks for itself.

And I posted the Neuheisel comment and video as my first remembrance of him. Sorry I didn't post a video of him getting fired for filing out an NCAA pool.

Everyone here is a sports fan, and so naturally, their fandom includes other pro or college teams outside of Wake Forest. Even so, you are singular in your unrelenting desire to put down WF athletics, particularly Wake Forest football; while simultaneously, you feel compelled to praise every aspect of UGA football -- on the WF Sports forum -- odd.

For anyone familiar with this Wake Forest Sports forum, it's not like the threads here are filled with unrealistically positive takes on WF sports. If anything this Board falls on the critical side of just about every aspect of each WF athletic program. Yet, that is not enough for you. For some reason, you feel the need to be unflinchingly negative (while trying to be funny, which rarely works) about any aspect of WF football, and the need to directly and indirectly crap on any remotely positive thought of WF football, while continuously reminding everyone here of UGA's 5 star recruits and (decades old) accomplishments.

You simply are a troll.

You are simply a snowflake. And self-righteous one at that !

Dave Aranda's been a young hot coordinator for awhile now. Surprised this is his first head coaching gig.

Back