• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taking a Look at Duke's FB Prgram

Wake Forest's athletic philosophy is the end is not the trophy. As such sportsmanship awards at Wake Forest are greater than trophies.

I took a hard look at Duke's 2016 commitments on 247. Of the 19 commits, 12 had a Wake offer. Of the seven who did not receive a Wake offer, two (Koby Quansah and Jacob Morgenstern) received offers from Ivies. Two of the seven (Tre Hornbuckle and punter AJ Reed) committed to Duke immediately, before receiving other P5 offers.

The three remaining commits are Dylan Singleton, Mark Birmingham, and Julian Santos. Singleton is the brother of current Duke player Deondre Singleton. He had an offer from Vandy. Birmingham also had an offer from Vandy and committed to Duke before receiving a Stanford offer. Santos committed to Duke late. He had an offer from Navy. Had any of these players expressed any interest in us, there is little doubt that they would have gotten an offer.

As I have said before, the problem isn't that Duke is getting players we can't touch; the problem is that Duke is beating us for players we both want.

A little revision of my initial post about parity with Duke this year. No, we are way further behind. Looking ahead now, after the blowouts to UNC and State, I don't look for us to win again and Duke very likely will win out, finishing 11-1 and playing Clemson for the title. (I think UNC will be their biggest hurdle....I'd be perfectly happy if they lose to us, UVa, or Pitt:)). Don't be surprised if they give Clemson all they can handle.....you heard it here first. Duke is legit.

The 11/28 dook game will be our "bowl game" and look for a good showing to close out the season on a high note (and potentially ruin dook's Coastal title hopes). :thumbsup:

Traditionally, the games have always been close even when Grobe was beating their brains out on the 12-0 run.

The 11/28 dook game will be our "bowl game" and look for a good showing to close out the season on a high note (and potentially ruin dook's Coastal title hopes). :thumbsup:

Traditionally, the games have always been close even when Grobe was beating their brains out on the 12-0 run.

I hope, but I'm afraid we're going to be pretty beat down from the prior 2 weeks at ND and at Clemson. Would love to beat Duke this year.

dook has beaten the two DFL winless teams in the Atlantic and Coastal.

Look for them to finish 3-5 in the piss poor Coastal with losses to Pitt, VT, Miami, unc and Wake! :)
#notimpressed

Hey, not too bad If I don't say so myself....

Sans the 4 OT win at VT, it's right on target- including their upcoming L at Wake! :)

Kudos Morrison, much more accurate than this post:

A little revision of my initial post about parity with Duke this year. No, we are way further behind. Looking ahead now, after the blowouts to UNC and State, I don't look for us to win again and Duke very likely will win out, finishing 11-1 and playing Clemson for the title. (I think UNC will be their biggest hurdle....I'd be perfectly happy if they lose to us, UVa, or Pitt:)). Don't be surprised if they give Clemson all they can handle.....you heard it here first. Duke is legit.

This shit on admissions is nonsense. Wake very well may take top 10 percent but that cannot be the basis of exceptions. Wake has been tracking the rigor of high schools for a hundred fucking years. Wake knows there is a difference In top ten percent at bum fuck high that has no AP courses and some elite prep school where a kid took 30 AP courses. Do you think Wake pays admission people money just to go top ten percent in. Out of top ten percent in the can. It's fucking stupid. A prospect in the top 20 percent of his class that took a bunch of AP courses would get in ahead of a top ten per center from bum fuck high with no academic rigor. Guarantee it.

We did kinda, it was certainly a perfect storm. Unfortunately for Duke they aren't going to play GT in the championship game if they make it that far.

Edit: We certainly played a much tougher schedule that Duke is, and beat ranked teams, but we did benefit from coaches who were on the way out and floundering like Beamer.

...goose-egging the 'noles on the road was pretty spectacular, even if it was Bobby's 2nd worst season ever... as for Beamer... believe he beat us at home that year

You made the mistake of taking an 8xDeac seriously, worst posters, worst hot takes.

I didn't take him seriously. I was just pointing out his prediction inaccuracy compared to Morrison's. Any post that makes Duke look good should be trashed as much as possible.

I hope, but I'm afraid we're going to be pretty beat down from the prior 2 weeks at ND and at Clemson. Would love to beat Duke this year.

Hey, I saw 2 ND kids - not including Kizer who got nailed twice - limp off the field and didn't return last Saturday. Didn't see any Deac go down. So so far we're fine, ND isn't and Clemson better bring their lunch....they're gonna need it !

Back