• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taliban Leader, Mullah Akhtar Mansour, likely killed in US drone strike

Who is to blame for the collapse of the Iraqi state post 2009? 99.9999% of the responsibility is on George W. Bush for invading and occupying Iraq. Then W had the creator of ISIL/Daish in JAIL and FREED him.

Without W lying to the American people and to Congress and the world, ISIL/Daish wouldn't exist. Thus it's on W and his cabal. There is no way around this historical fact.

wow - I think RJ should be the personal responsibility czar in the next administration

It's remarkable to watch $500,000.00 worth of private school education encounter dissent.

And it's amazing to watch #psf unable to put together a basic statement of their opinion.

Wheee...isn't this fun!

There is no dissent. Like I said earlier and you confirmed, we agree on what you were doing. That's why the conversation ended.

The Numbers Show: come for the unsupported bravado, stay for the exposed fragility.

And it's amazing to watch #psf unable to put together a basic statement of their opinion.

Wheee...isn't this fun!

I'm still waiting for you to show me the list of 19 year old commissioned, college graduated drone operating war criminals. I'd like you to support your very first contribution, or admit you may have been a wee bit over your handlebars on this one.

I'm still waiting for you to show me the list of 19 year old commissioned, college graduated drone operating war criminals. I'd like you to support your very first contribution, or admit you may have been a wee bit over your handlebars on this one.

Will it make you feel better if I said that typing 19-year old was a bit of hyperbole? If you can use you imagination skills and go back and insert 29 for 19, will you then be able to answer the question?

Or will we still get the deflect, deflect, deflect show?

Will it make you feel better if I said that typing 19-year old was a bit of hyperbole? If you can use you imagination skills and go back and insert 29 for 19, will you then be able to answer the question?

Or will we still get the deflect, deflect, deflect show?

It won't make me feel any better because I already knew that, but it's nice to see you concede that.

Targeting decisions are always going to be messy when the bad guys exploit the rule of war to hide among civilians. I don't blame either the President or the operator when the bad guys use human shields to wage war. I blame the bad guys who consciously exploit civilians. That behavior re-confirms for me the character of the gutless cowards our country is fighting in the Middle East.

I don't know a single operator who has taken a civilian life and relished it, and I know---personally---plenty of people who have been shot at from people hiding in civilian facilities. I've met families of fallen servicemembers, and trust me when I tell you that "blame" isn't my first emotion.

It won't make me feel any better because I already knew that, but it's nice to see you concede that.

Targeting decisions are always going to be messy when the bad guys exploit the rule of war to hide among civilians. I don't blame either the President or the operator when the bad guys use human shields to wage war. I blame the bad guys who consciously exploit civilians. That behavior re-confirms for me the character of the gutless cowards our country is fighting in the Middle East.

I don't know a single operator who has taken a civilian life and relished it, and I know---personally---plenty of people who have been shot at from people hiding in civilian facilities. I've met families of fallen servicemembers, and trust me when I tell you that "blame" isn't my first emotion.

Fair enough.

But even though you think targeting decisions are messy, you don't give the President any credit for a decisions/policies that lead to the death of a Taliban leader?

Fair enough.

But even though you think targeting decisions are messy, you don't give the President any credit for a decisions/policies that lead to the death of a Taliban leader?

I do, which is why the caricature of anyone also crediting the operator as being Obamaphobic is in fact a caricature. The input of adding the operators into the credit chain doesn't dilute credit to the President. It would take a wildly insecure person to think that not giving the President exclusive credit = not crediting him at all. Fortunately, this is the Tunnels.

I do, which is why the caricature of anyone also crediting the operator as being Obamaphobic is in fact a caricature. The input of adding the operators into the credit chain doesn't dilute credit to the President. It would take a wildly insecure person to think that not giving the President exclusive credit = not crediting him at all. Fortunately, this is the Tunnels.

Even you could see why saying the President should only be given credit for allowing the military to do its job, and for saying that you only give credit to the people "who do the work", would heavily imply that the President doesn't deserve credit for the killing of Mansour.

Exploit the rule? These assholes don't play by rules, idiot America. This isn't your grandfather's warfare.

RJKarl you need to walk back your JCD of Barack Obama, sir. He is fucking up and is just as bad as Bush about this shit.

Get the hell out of Afghanistan if these rogue criminals are hiding among women and children. Do not shoot at them if that is where they are hiding, period. I don't blame the officer for following orders, I blame the goddamned generals and the President for authorizing the shot. jhmd you assume there is no choice in the matter whatsoever, that we must blast civilians because a guy on a watch list is there? why?

These morons do not have a Navy, an Air Force, or ground troops to even sniff the kind of warfare you people are describing. They are more akin to the Mafia than they are to an invading or occupying force by traditional military/warfare standards. Would we use the military to fire into American civilians to stop a potential Mafia hit?

You people just accept the tripe that comes from our leadership about warring with these people. Get out of the region and give up the oil money, and then you don't "have" to shoot into civilians to stop hypothetical bombers.

Even you could see why saying the President should only be given credit for allowing the military to do its job, and for saying that you only give credit to the people "who do the work", would heavily imply that the President doesn't deserve credit for the killing of Mansour.

The fun part of the Tunnels is watching people seek out that offense. Rashad McCants wasn't this "Born to be hated, dying to be loved."

There's no comparison with attacking people who actually attacked us and are attacking us versus lying to Congress and the American people to start a war of choice.

I think "they have fewer resources so we shouldn't use our resources" is a weird position to hold when it comes to warfare

Back