• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taliban Leader, Mullah Akhtar Mansour, likely killed in US drone strike

Exploit the rule? These assholes don't play by rules, idiot America. This isn't your grandfather's warfare.

RJKarl you need to walk back your JCD of Barack Obama, sir. He is fucking up and is just as bad as Bush about this shit.

Get the hell out of Afghanistan if these rogue criminals are hiding among women and children. Do not shoot at them if that is where they are hiding, period. I don't blame the officer for following orders, I blame the goddamned generals and the President for authorizing the shot. jhmd you assume there is no choice in the matter whatsoever, that we must blast civilians because a guy on a watch list is there? why?

These morons do not have a Navy, an Air Force, or ground troops to even sniff the kind of warfare you people are describing. They are more akin to the Mafia than they are to an invading or occupying force by traditional military/warfare standards. Would we use the military to fire into American civilians to stop a potential Mafia hit?

You people just accept the tripe that comes from our leadership about warring with these people. Get out of the region and give up the oil money, and then you don't "have" to shoot into civilians to stop hypothetical bombers.

Change military to police and change mafia to pretty much any crime and the answer is yes.

Drones are coming to your local police station sooner rather than later, folks.

Exploit the rule? These assholes don't play by rules, idiot America. This isn't your grandfather's warfare.

RJKarl you need to walk back your JCD of Barack Obama, sir. He is fucking up and is just as bad as Bush about this shit.

Get the hell out of Afghanistan if these rogue criminals are hiding among women and children. Do not shoot at them if that is where they are hiding, period. I don't blame the officer for following orders, I blame the goddamned generals and the President for authorizing the shot. jhmd you assume there is no choice in the matter whatsoever, that we must blast civilians because a guy on a watch list is there? why?

These morons do not have a Navy, an Air Force, or ground troops to even sniff the kind of warfare you people are describing. They are more akin to the Mafia than they are to an invading or occupying force by traditional military/warfare standards. Would we use the military to fire into American civilians to stop a potential Mafia hit?

You people just accept the tripe that comes from our leadership about warring with these people. Get out of the region and give up the oil money, and then you don't "have" to shoot into civilians to stop hypothetical bombers.

Wake,

You Sir need not muddy your boots in Lake Butthurt. You and I are much closer to agreement than you think. I'm an energy independence voter, who has no time for underwriting Israel's wretched name in this region. You know who wins the wars between the Sunni and the Shi'ia? Answer: You and me. Keep your powder dry for a sincere disagreement betwixt us. I'm sure one will pop up eventually.

There's no comparison with attacking people who actually attacked us and are attacking us versus lying to Congress and the American people to start a war of choice.

I'm as happy to discuss Hillary's testimony on Benghazi as anyone, but let's stay on point here.

For the 5 trillion dollars in real cost spent on the war on terror we could have given every American $16,000 to help defray the increase in the gas prices (or whatever else it is that we have to protect) by packing up and essentially leaving the region.

And we wouldn't have had to kill any babies or civilians and make up shit about Freedom and Liberation and "better off' that just insult people with half a brain.

Wake,

You Sir need not muddy your boots in Lake Butthurt. You and I are much closer to agreement than you think. I'm an energy independence voter, who has no time for underwriting Israel's wretched name in this region. You know who wins the wars between the Sunni and the Shi'ia? Answer: You and me. Keep your powder dry for a sincere disagreement betwixt us. I'm sure one will pop up eventually.

I thought that was pretty civil wrt to you, dear friend.

For the 5 trillion dollars in real cost spent on the war on terror we could have given every American $16,000 to help defray the increase in the gas prices (or whatever else it is that we have to protect) by packing up and essentially leaving the region.

And we wouldn't have had to kill any babies or civilians and make up shit about Freedom and Liberation and "better off' that just insult people with half a brain.

Taking this suggestion seriously, how would President Bake had responded to 9/11?

There's no comparison with attacking people who actually attacked us and are attacking us versus lying to Congress and the American people to start a war of choice.

you compared this bullshit with WWII. Not even the same ballpark. You just posted that you are ok blasting little kids because if this were WWII we would have leveld the whole city, as if that is ok.

The fun part of the Tunnels is watching people seek out that offense. Rashad McCants wasn't this "Born to be hated, dying to be loved."

Why do you assume people are offended, rather than just disagreeing with you? Is it so you can dismiss their views as "emotional" rather than having to actually think about them?

There's a difference between Iraq and Afghanistan. One housed the terrorists and the other had nothing to do with anything. It should have been over the first month when W refused to kill or capture OBL at Tora Bora knowing if he did he couldn't invade Iraq.

We should have been out of Afghanistan earlier, but it was fucked from the beginning.

Why do you assume people are offended, rather than just disagreeing with you? Is it so you can dismiss their views as "emotional" rather than having to actually think about them?

Numbers corrected me to say that my idea wasn't merely a "micro-aggression", but indeed a full-blown "aggression." I mean, you gotta play that one as it lies, right?

you compared this bullshit with WWII. Not even the same ballpark. You just posted that you are ok blasting little kids because if this were WWII we would have leveld the whole city, as if that is ok.

I'm not OK with us killing kids, but unfortunately that happens in war.

I don't like war and it is usually useless, but in a war bad things happen.

Or you could just admit to being disingenuous. We all know how you dislike Obama and you rarely miss an opportunity to slight him. We're not chasing our tail here - you're bullshitting.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Let's move back to the relevant thread topic:
There are two major factions within the Taliban right now. One is good to work out a peace deal to be a part of the Afghani government. One is in favor of the civil war going on right now in order to wrest back total control.

The power struggle over the next few weeks is going to be intense.

Let me guess which one will win. Then we will have a bigger bunch of assholes to fight.

Uh....the guy they killed was very much against peace.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Numbers corrected me to say that my idea wasn't merely a "micro-aggression", but indeed a full-blown "aggression." I mean, you gotta play that one as it lies, right?

I just want you to own what you say. I wasn't offended (I'm not even sure how it could be construed as offensive), you were just doing the backstroke from the get go.

I just want you to own what you say. I wasn't offended (I'm not even sure how it could be construed as offensive), you were just doing the backstroke from the get go.

On the next episode of "In Search of Validation..."

This isn't your best effort.

ETA: Or in your own words, "maybe JHMD is offended." Of what? Nobody ever knows. District is spot on with your ongoing need to have people you disagree with be categorized as "offended" so you can chalk it up to some emotional argument.

How could I be offended when I am this amused? 19 year old officers? Dissent = "aggression"? Failure to give exclusive credit = "hatred"?

It's like watching puppies learn to climb steps.

You didn't give any credit to Obama. You intentionally made it clear that you did not give him credit. That's the entire point.

Back