• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ted Cruz's Father: Send Obama Back to Kenya

ConnorEl

Reaction score
Tree. Apple?

Of course Cruz, the senator, must be evaluated on his own words and actions. But interesting to consider his influences.

If anybody was wondering what the answer was to "who would like to hear from less than Ted Cruz?"...well...there ya go.

I can think of few things more irrelevant things than something Ted Cruz's father said over a year ago. You have to love the new media.

I can think of few things more irrelevant things than something Ted Cruz's father said over a year ago. You have to love the new media.

Like the words of Obama's "mentors" three decades ago?

He's just as crazy today, but typically you find an excuse for wackos as long as they are lying about Obama. By the way, Cruz's father is a close confidant today.

Cruz's dad, as a Cuban, fought against Batista. Then, after getting the communist take-over he and his comrades wanted, fought against Castro when they realized the devil's bargain they made. Flees to Texas then flees to Canada where his son was born. He only bothers to become a US citizen only 8 years ago.

So, what exactly does he have to say about immigration and Obama? Ted is one pile of shit that fell right next to the dog's ass.

Paraphrasing from Twitter here, but only in America can a Canadian turned American with Mexican heritage become a white supremacist against immigration and run for office.

Dear tagger...I would never cheat on Oprah. If you ID yourself I will hit you with a defamation case.

Cruz's dad, as a Cuban, fought against Batista. Then, after getting the communist take-over he and his comrades wanted, fought against Castro when they realized the devil's bargain they made. Flees to Texas then flees to Canada where his son was born. He only bothers to become a US citizen only 8 years ago.

So, what exactly does he have to say about immigration and Obama? Ted is one pile of shit that fell right next to the dog's ass.

Nailed it.

His dad can say whatever drivel he wants, that's not on Cruz. But Cruz better run screaming from publicly appearing with his father any more. Kenyan Obama references are nothing but barely concealed racism (is it even concealed?).

His dad can say whatever drivel he wants, that's not on Cruz. But Cruz better run screaming from publicly appearing with his father any more. Kenyan Obama references are nothing but barely concealed racism (is it even concealed?).

They're red meat to the base.

They're red meat to the base.

And suicide in a general election. If Cruz wants more, this is the type of stuff that prevents him from getting it. That and being a jackass, and a terrible strategist.

Arlington, I'd agree with probably 95% of the time on this. However, daddy Cruz is a big time part of sonny boy's inner circle. It's completely different than the Bushes. Bush 41 has always kept a reasonable distance from W and Jeb.

It's on Cruz as much as Jeremiah Wright was on Obama. Conservatives (or fucking lunatics, in Cruz's case) can't have it both ways now. But you're right (and Townie): the elder Cruz's comments remind me of the Dave Chappell skit with the black man in the Klan.

And suicide in a general election. If Cruz wants more, this is the type of stuff that prevents him from getting it. That and being a jackass, and a terrible strategist.

Cruz has 0...and I mean ZERO chance of winning a general election and I would assume he realizes that. His future (and money) is winning over the fringe. This kind of nonsense only helps him accomplish that goal.

Cruz has 0...and I mean ZERO chance of winning a general election and I would assume he realizes that. His future (and money) is winning over the fringe. This kind of nonsense only helps him accomplish that goal.

Exactly.

I think you are really overestimating Cruz. The man thinks he tactically won the shutdown disaster because the echo chamber he inhabits sends him endless Facebook praise. But Cruz, through his own poor strategy, became a figure of wide national ridicule, antagonized the core of his own party, and morphed from someone who could actually dictate a bit of GOP policy to someone who can now basically only give speeches. BY embracing the Tea party fully and antagonistically, he is losing authority and influence (and very likely money). If his only ambition was to ride the wave of the declining Tea Party, then he's already peaked. The smart GOP is getting distance from the fringe. See Ryan, Christie, etc.

The fringe votes in the primaries.

The fringe votes in the primaries.

Obviously, as that is the only vehicle through which the Tea Party has any clout. But that influence, like everything else, waxes and wanes. If the GOP machine lines up against the Tea Party directly -- as in, gets it's media mouthpieces in order, directs corporate special interest funds more forcefully, spends more on primaries, etc. -- the fringe can be softened. In the end, it's still the minority faction, and the majority seems to be moving from a "look the other way, all grassroots action is beneficial" to a more embittered "this groups of loons is costing us real authority in Washington." If the main GOP ever goes to war with the Tea Party, they'll win. They control the major rightwing media outlets, which for the most part directs the fringe.

Back