• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ted Cruz's Father: Send Obama Back to Kenya

Christ. The last time I saw a neck and mane like that its rotting carcass was being eaten by hyenas.

Obviously, as that is the only vehicle through which the Tea Party has any clout. But that influence, like everything else, waxes and wanes. If the GOP machine lines up against the Tea Party directly -- as in, gets it's media mouthpieces in order, directs corporate special interest funds more forcefully, spends more on primaries, etc. -- the fringe can be softened. In the end, it's still the minority faction, and the majority seems to be moving from a "look the other way, all grassroots action is beneficial" to a more embittered "this groups of loons is costing us real authority in Washington." If the main GOP ever goes to war with the Tea Party, they'll win. They control the major rightwing media outlets, which for the most part directs the fringe.

From what I've seen, it seems like FOX News and conservative talk radio line up more with the tea party and Cruz than Boehner and moderate Republican deal makers.

Establishment GOP tacitly attacking the Tea Party. This would've been unlikely even six weeks ago. She's giving Cruz's dad a weak out -- it was a joke! -- and attempting a weaker diversion into JFK's dad -- he liked Nazis, that makes this okay! -- but she's mainly saying that this is only a fringe/crazy issue by fringe crazy people (which is true, actually). But I think we're seeing a shift in how GOP machine politicos talk about their fanatic, ideological brethren. This has been pretty evident in the recent special elections as well. GOP candidates are inching back toward the middle, because the Tea Party is becoming toxic.

From what I've seen, it seems like FOX News and conservative talk radio line up more with the tea party and Cruz than Boehner and moderate Republican deal makers.

They have a lot of air to fill, so, in the end, all brands of GOP and Tea Party propaganda currently get air time. They also do a lot of stories in response to Tea Party activity -- after action clean-ups and justifications. The Tea party is loud, so they often make easier/sexier stories. But let's watch over the next year. I expect FoxNews to start publicly backing the GOP machine, because FoxNews is the machine. They let things run too wild, but they can clean it up in a hurry, if they choose. It's just very hard for the GOP to publicly go to war with themselves, because standing shoulder to shoulder is the one thing the right has always done best. The spilt during the shutdown debacle was telling, in that schisms like that usually never happens on the right. That's the left's hallmark, and one of the reason the right was so much better at politics for years, until recently.

It's quite amusing seeing all the stupid shit the left gets worked up about. There are only about 93 million more important things than some smarmy remark somebody's 120 year old dad made.

It's quite amusing seeing all the stupid shit the left gets worked up about. There are only about 93 million more important things than some smarmy remark somebody's 120 year old dad made.

You're a hypocrite. These, from your last 20 posts.

The pussification of the NFL and the US in general continues. Gimme a break. These are grown men getting paid millions of dollars. They banned taunting in college in the name of sportsmanship, which I can kind of understand, but it's unnecessary at that level too.

Somebody said it earlier I think, but I hate all the pink cancer shit in sports, especially the bats in baseball. The cause is great, but I don't need the entire sports world turning gay for a fucking month to raise money for breast cancer awareness and research.

The shit is not hereditary. What utter nonsense. If it was, we'd still be arguing over sticks, stones, and slaves. We evolve, quite simply, and it has nothing to do with our genes. It has a ton to do with our environment.

Last edited:

Who's worked up? Seems to me your fellow right-winger, Elder Cruz, is the one getting worked up.

And I seem to recall...

THE SHOUT OUT TO REV. WRIGHT, WHO IS IN AUDIENCE...
'My pastor, the guy who puts up with me, counsels me, listens to my wife complain about me. He's a friend and a great leader. Not just in Chicago, but all across the country'..

This almost sounds like a Breit Bart thing, as he said before his death that the media went into hush mode on Rev. Wright in 2008 and that they had videos to demonstrate it.

120 year old dad < 120 year old pastor?

120 years old...Cuban and Canadian socialized medicine FTW!

You're a hypocrite. These, from your last 20 posts.

WTF are you talking about? You guys get into hysterics about anything Ted Cruz. That much is a fact. The 93 million is a reference to the 93 million people the administration knew and estimated would not get to keep their health insurance under the ACA. I'd say that is more important than the latest bit of faux outrage directed at his dad over something he said at some point in 2012. It's like you just sit on this shit and then make it into a big deal when it suits your purposes. If it wasn't a big deal in 2012, it's not a big deal now. It's certainly not a bigger deal.

I hardly think that me chiming in on another dumb NFL rule change or the prevalence of pink in sports or generally having an opinion on a matter of dubious import is the same. If you really want to compare apples to apples, it would be the neg rep received (so predictable) over the pink cancer post because I joked about it turning sports gay for a month. God forbid!

dude. have some self-awareness.

if your callout of people getting upset over inconsequential shit isn't the pot calling the kettle black, i don't know what is.

Who's worked up? Seems to me your fellow right-winger, Elder Cruz, is the one getting worked up.

And I seem to recall...

120 year old dad < 120 year old pastor?

You don't seem to recall diddly squat. You did some search for Rev. Wright and ELC and came up with that gem, which really doesn't tell me much of anything considering I can't see the rest of the thread to know wtf was being discussed. The Rev. Wright stuff never bothered me too much so much as the media hushing it up, much as they do pretty much everything in this administration. What little there is to gather from that snippet seems to indicate a post along those lines.

And if anything, my point will be further proven when Cruz is running for President in 2016 and the media asks him about his dad or demands some disavowal of some statement he made...something they ignored with Rev. Wright for as long as they could.

I love how the "media" "ignored" Rev Wright, yet everyone who paid the slightest bit of attention to politics in 2008 knows who he is, what he said, and what his connection was to Obama, and did so before the election. I'd have to call it the worst media coverup in history.

If Cruz runs for President, his dad's history of making quasi-racist statements is going to be an issue. To think otherwise is curious.

When did you adopt the high road? When did you begin to think that this type of thing doesn't get a politics message board thread? Who's getting "worked up"?

Last edited:
You don't seem to recall diddly squat. You did some search for Rev. Wright and ELC and came up with that gem, which really doesn't tell me much of anything considering I can't see the rest of the thread to know wtf was being discussed. The Rev. Wright stuff never bothered me too much so much as the media hushing it up, much as they do pretty much everything in this administration. What little there is to gather from that snippet seems to indicate a post along those lines.

And if anything, my point will be further proven when Cruz is running for President in 2016 and the media asks him about his dad or demands some disavowal of some statement he made...something they ignored with Rev. Wright for as long as they could.

Yet you are still referencing the past with anger, and predicting you're going to be even angrier in two years? And claiming other people are getting worked up?

I love how the "media" "ignored" Rev Wright, yet everyone who paid the slightest bit of attention to politics in 2008 knows who he is, what he said, and what his connection was to Obama, and did so before the election. I'd have to call it the worst media coverup in history.

If Cruz runs for President, his dad's history of making quasi-racist statements is going to be an issue. To think otherwise is curious.

When did you adopt the high road? When did you begin to think that this type of thing doesn't get a politics message board thread? Who's getting "worked up"?

Yes, people knew about it who were tuned into the debate and on message boards. The only place the Wright stuff got any attention was on Fox and RW websites. It eventually became a story too big to ignore well after it actually mattered. It was one of many things not vetted by the media early on in their attempt to crown their beloved.

And pardon me, oh OGBoards moderate, but I think I can get worked up when defending myself, if indeed you want to call it getting worked up. I don't, however, start threads and add to circle jerks about something said last year by some politician's dad.

Last edited:
Yet you are still referencing the past with anger, and predicting you're going to be even angrier in two years? And claiming other people are getting worked up?

Ok, Sigmund, where in the stuff you bolded do you detect anger?

anchorman-i-dont-know-what.gif

Yes, people knew about it who were tuned into the debate and on message boards. The only place the Wright stuff got any attention was on Fox and RW websites. It eventually became a story too big to ignore well after it actually mattered. It was one of many things not vetted by the media early on in their attempt to crown their beloved.

According to Wiki, the story was first reported, and the videos first shown, by ABC news, in March 2008.

Edit: Even MSNBC was on it!

Obama's reaction to Wright too little, too late

Last edited:
Back