• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tedious Tasks That Take Waaaaaaay Longer Than Anticipated

My list of tasks from today that are taking longer than anticipated:
- cleaning the grout of our kitchen tile
- organizing, throwing crap away, and cleaning the second bedroom/office

Going to dinner with the FIL because he decided to mow the fucking lawn at 5:15 and he's taking forever to get ready. He should try entertaining two little kids this long while he takes his sweet and fancy.

My list of tasks from today that are taking longer than anticipated:
- cleaning the grout of our kitchen tile
- organizing, throwing crap away, and cleaning the second bedroom/office

After five hours, I still haven't completed the office/second bedroom. I need a few more hours tomorrow.

peeling asparagus (pro tip: if you peel it before roasting, it gets a LOT more tender)
chopping most veggies, though i am getting better!
cleaning/organizing closets.
most of my work tasks.

Peeling asparagus? I've never thought of that. I'll have to try it.

I've got a ridiculous task for work that has taken much longer than I thought it would. I'm combining two datasets that have overlapping data. It should be easy but some of the data are written differently. The most prominent difference is that one file uses numbers where the other uses roman numerals. So I went through manually to see which duplicate records had different names and found out the problem was bigger than I thought. Some duplicate records had data spelled differently. Some had updated names. Just a pain. I went through two lists of about 5000 titles and wrote a code to make each change. I finally finished last night after working on it every night this week and some during the day. I'm convinced there are going to be some more issues even though I'm "done."

Got to use Tapatalk.

Going to Costco on a Saturday. Checkout takes longer than shopping.

That's why I go on weekdays. I try to get to sams during the week around 2pm. Then the stay at home moms aren't there and neither are the business owners that go during the special hours. If I can't go at two, I go at 8am during the special hours.

garden2014_zps9d4ee0c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This thing. Its year 2 for the blueberries and strawberries. Last year the birds at every damn one, but I avoided that this year with some bird netting. Everything else was started from seeds except for the cabbage. Gardening takes lots of patience.

That's why I go on weekdays. I try to get to sams during the week around 2pm. Then the stay at home moms aren't there and neither are the business owners that go during the special hours. If I can't go at two, I go at 8am during the special hours.

Special hours?

Back