• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me something good about Montreal

lefty

Reaction score
1) It's not North Dakota. Well, in a lot of ways it kind of is. But whatever.

I was accepted into a graduate program at McGill, and about the only thing I know is that the winters are brutal. Apparently the women up there are gorgeous though..

it's awesome in every way except the brutal winters. trust me.

good bars, good men's establishments, hot/trendy women. Great shopping.

I was up there recently and I don't know if it's legal or if the cops just don't care, but a large percentage of folks were smoking weed outside bars as opposed to cigarettes.

Only real downside is the winter. McGill is a good school. You'll enjoy it up there.

I went in the middle of a brutal winter, still loved it, and was essentially restricted to the crappy super touristy part of town. McGill is a great school -- I know a couple of people who went there who absolutely love both it and the town, as far as living.

Sounds like fun.

If you're going to McGill and choose to live around there, get ready to have the time of your life.

As you mentioned, the woman are outstanding.
Restaurants - amazing, in an absolute sense.
Gentlemen's Clubs - as good as it gets.
Bars - I won't say they stand out, but closing time is very very late.

That's basically my experience with MTL, in the annual trip I make with some fellas.

Winters are indeed brutal, but they handle it well. Near McGill there's basically an underground city you can navigate around without stepping outside.

The main negative I can think of - home of Habs fans, the worst human beings on the planet. Just don't talk hockey up there and you'll be fine.

So, if you're looking for affirmation that McGill (which is a great school) would be a good destination, consider this a thumbs up. There aren't many better places for a young man in grad school, I don't think.

My cousin is in a phd program at McGill and he absolutely loves the school and the city. Montreal has a thriving music and arts scene as well as great restaurants and beautiful women. What more could you want?

Higher percentage of beautiful women than anywhere in North America.

The underground city DeacHead mentioned is indeed very cool. I may be mistaken, but I believe you can navigate McGill's campus underground between buildings as well (similar to U of Minnesota). I've visited numerous times, in summer and in winter, and had a blast each time. Montreal is a beautiful city.

Thanks for all the replies - you guys have basically echoed what I've heard elsewhere.

It's between McGill and a lesser-known school in NYC. Strongly leaning McGill for pretty much every reason here; plus, from what I've heard the cost of living in Montreal is like half that of the city.

F1 race......along with the pit babes.

f1-pit-babes-2.jpg

I've never heard anything but positives.

This thread certainly supports that.

I think we need a Pit trip to Montreal.

It's awesome. Ridiculously hot chicks, great food, interesting culture. It's like Europe without the drawbacks of Europe. The winters are bad, but if you have any experience living in real winter climates you should be fine. They handle it well up there.

McGill's campus is really nice, and the people in Montreal are very friendly. The negative is that they speak French and use Canucklehead money.

I agree with all that has been said. I lived in VT for 3 years and made the 2 hour drive to montreal at least 20 times. While the winters are tough, you just adapt accordingly and get used to it. And the cold/snowy winters only make the spring, summer and fall that much more amazing. I would jump on this opportunity (and some of the amazingly hot women) and not look back.

As for the weed, it's not "legal," but cops just simply don't care.

I'm not keeping up with the details, but it appears Canada's pot laws are in some sort of flux. To the point of being totally legal, though I doubt it would end up that way.

Back