• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tenn. Workers Reject Union at Auto Plant

This doesn't make sense. VW knew the South is right to work and anti-union before they built the plant. They were "neutral" on the union vote, and now upset at the union defeat? Why does the employee council have to be UAW? Why not a local group? VW can build their next plant in Detroit or somewhere in Ohio. Good luck with that.

Maybe if the Governor and the Senator kept their mouths shut, the plant would have been built. The vote was 53-47. The inane vitriol spewed by the anti-union activists worked to harm people. Of course they don't care as long the target of their hatred -Unions look bad.

Hey, VW built one plant in right to work South, they'll build another. Or if not, they are welcome to build it up North. Keep the Yankees up there, and slow the migration. And I am willing to bet that Japanese car companies don't want a union. So the South will get Toyota and Honda et al, and the North can have VW.

And Detroit makes unions look bad, not politicians.

There you go again. The unions changed their bylaws to make an agreement with VW. They took prevailing wages and benefits.

Your response is typical. You hear a buzzword and have a Pavlovian response rather than learning about the specifics of the event.

There you go again. The unions changed their bylaws to make an agreement with VW. They took prevailing wages and benefits.

Your response is typical. You hear a buzzword and have a Pavlovian response rather than learning about the specifics of the event.

Quoted for the irony. This belongs on the You Laugh You Lose thread.

Why again should the state's elected leaders not of chimed in on this matter? All they did was voice their perspective and opinion, just like the the UAW.

Unions get so butthurt when they lose an open ballot. No wonder they want to avoid having private balloting. They can't risk losing an honest vote.

Why again should the state's elected leaders not of chimed in on this matter? All they did was voice their perspective and opinion, just like the the UAW.

Unions get so butthurt when they lose an open ballot. No wonder they want to avoid having private balloting. They can't risk losing an honest vote.

Dem voter suppression is good voter suppression. Keep that Stratus between the lines, Bill.

Because one of them says that government shouldn't meddle in free enterprise.

BINGO!!! It's a tenet of the Republican Party that government shouldn't meddle in free enterprise. But they did intentionally and strongly here.

It's called hypocrisy.

The German model of labor relations seems so much more productive than our model.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Because one of them says that government shouldn't meddle in free enterprise.

How is lobbying against the existence of a labor union, meddling in free enterprise?

You liberals do realize that this is why the common man doesn't trust Big Labor, even if they would help to serve their interests. Publicly bitching abou tyour opposition having the audacity to voice their opinions, as well as doing your best to eliminate private ballot voting, doesn't exactly scream trust and transparency. The workers voted and decided they didn't want the terms of their employment dictated by third party union bosses, as well as their dues to be used for political financing that a majority of them disagree with.

Accept it, move on. Maybe if the UAW wasn't such a Democratic shill organization, then this wouldn't of happen. Let them organize themselves.

How is it not? The government doesn't pick winners and losers unless it's mine.

Meh. A GOP governor and congressman discouraging the creation of a Big Labor union at a plant in their state does nothing to go against this creed you and RJ some lamely keep referring to. GOP leaders grant tax subsidies all the time. Stop being intentionally obtuse.

This move was going to funnel campaign donations into to the pockets of their opponents. I have no problem with them opposing it. Let VW and the plant's workers form a local workers board.

Meh. A GOP governor and congressman discouraging the creation of a Big Labor union at a plant in their state does nothing to go against this creed you and RJ some lamely keep referring to. GOP leaders grant tax subsidies all the time. Stop being intentionally obtuse.

This move was going to funnel campaign donations into to the pockets of their opponents. I have no problem with them opposing it. Let VW and the plant's workers form a local workers board.

You don't make a strong argument against hypocrisy by citing more hypocrisy from a group/individuals you are insisting aren't being hypocritical.

You don't make a strong argument against hypocrisy by citing more hypocrisy from a group/individuals you are insisting aren't being hypocritical.

If everyone followed this thought there wouldn't be many posts or threads on this forum

Umm, no. I'm stating that this narrative of "no government intervention" is not true and is just something idiots like you say because you enjoy being a fucktard. Its even more annoying then the dumb fucking bootstraps thing.

I then provided reasons why this invented narrative is not remotely correct. Keep trying derp.

Umm, no. I'm stating that this narrative of "no government intervention" is not true and is just something idiots like you say because you enjoy being a fucktard. Its even more annoying then the dumb fucking bootstraps thing.

I then provided reasons why this invented narrative is not remotely correct. Keep trying derp.

Explain to me how tax subsidies and this union intervention are not interfering in the free market please. Thanks.

This response has to be ironic, right?

Back