• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

It appears that alot of people are sleeping on Dimitrov. He beat Rafa in straights last time out in 2016, and prior that match, Rafa beat Dimi 6-4 in the 3rd in 2015. Their only grand slam meeting was in Australia in 2014 and it was tight. Dimi won the first, before Nadal won 2 straight TB's and then blew him out in the 4th. I'd still probably bet on Rafa but I think Dimitrov will make it tight. He's breezed through most of this tourney with the exception of his first set vs. Chung, and the first 2 vs. Istomin. I'm going with Rafa in 5.

Pretty awesome match with a lot of breaks and some just jaw-dropping rallies. 1-1 with Rafa serving 3-2 in the third. Still think that Rafa takes him to five and runs him to death. It is written.

I love the Australian Open living in Singapore. It's the only major sports event that is actually on in primetime.

Last edited:
Although I am in Virginia, I also love it because it is right in the wheelhouse of my bizarre-ass schedule. Only tennis tournament I watch, but I never miss it. May well be the best production that shitty ESPN does.

I was listening to it on espn radio while taking the kids to school. The Aussie commentators were tremendous.

Jesus, Rafa, even I have to sleep sometimes.

Thank you. Totally awesome match.

As would be expected, tickets to the men's finals are going to be pricey. I just looked at a few sites and they are running between $1500 and $8000.

Anybody pulling for Nadal over Federer? I really like Rafa, and wouldn't be mad if he won, but have to imagine 95% of fans are pulling for Fed.

I'll pull for Rafa over fed - would like to see fed find a way to get one more though, just always cheer for nadal

I'll pull for Fed, though I like Rafa a lot.

I've grown to like Rafa but Fed is my boi.

I always say I'm going to get up to watch the men's Aussie final live, but never do it. But this year I might have to do it

Back