• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

I'll go out on a (short) limb and say Khachanov. Not as obvious as are Thiem at the French or Zverev/Tsitsipas, but he's got a very high ceiling when he's playing well.

Anderson is older than Rafa and my guess is that after this latest injury, he's pretty much done.

Good call on Khachanov - he can play at a really high level. His buddy Medvedev also has a really solid game, and I could see him advancing really far in the US Open.

Shapo has lost 5 matches in a row. He sucks at the moment and tennis people all said he was not as good as his results suggested last year.

Canada crushing the US in the young talent game on the men's side

I don't know about that. There are 9 Americans and 3 Canadians in the top 100. In the top 200 there are 20 Americans and 6 Canadians.

The very top is all that matters but I still agree with you. The US will always have more depth in the middle and the bottom.

Seeded 11th, Serena Williams advanced to the Wimbledon finals winning 6 matches without facing a single top 15 ranked player, and playing one match against anyone ranked in the top 30 in the World. FWIW, Halep, Williams' opponent in the final, only faced one seeded player in her half of the draw as well. Serena is 9-1 in her career against Halep, including beating Halep in the Australian Open this past January.

yeah, it was an overstatement, but the qualifying word was young

lots of those Americans are 25+

The US has 4 men's players under 25 who ranked in the top 100:

- #31 Taylor Fritz (21)
- #38 Francis Tiafoe (21)
- #63 Rielly Opelka (21)
- #70 Mackenzie McDonald (24)

Canada has 2, but both are ranked higher than Fritz and both are younger than any of the US players ranked in the top 100:

- #21 Felix Auger-Aliassime (18) - He is currently highest rated teenager in the world, by a lot (the next highest is #67)
- #27 - Denis Shapovalov (20)

FWIW, the highest rated US player is John Isner (#12); he is 34. Milos Raonic is highest rated Canadian (#17); he is 28.

I like watching Tiafoe, but something about his game makes it feel like he has reached his ceiling

I like watching Tiafoe, but something about his game makes it feel like he has reached his ceiling

He has pretty unconventional strokes, especially his forehand (lots of wrist, kind of slappy). But his results have been pretty impressive.

He has been horrible in majors though.

He’s been to the 4th round of the Australian , and Wimbledon. Been to the quarters in each of the last two years of the French. He had a terrible showing at this years Wimbledon but he is still just 22.

Fed takes the first, but Nadal flipped a switch after facing double break point and is up a break in the 2nd

Back