• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Bublik aced Dimitrov 34 times today in 3 sets. That's an insane stat to me.

That is insane. Did you see any of the match? I didn't, so I'm interested to know how it happened. Sometimes a player just gets in a major groove on serve.

Sebastian Korda advances to the round of 16 at Wimbledon at age 20. Got to the youngest American to get that far in decades.

Been a good week for the Korda family as his sister Nelly is now the #1 ranked ladies golfer in the world and Jessica Korda is #13 ranked (why didn't the Korda's have more kids?):

DR22j1JV4AATvIj.jpg

pumped for the young Canadians

Berretini the only guy who looks like he can challenge Djok, though Felix has been serving really well

Fed is ageless

In the completion of a suspended match and from a set down, #14 Hubert Hurkacz upset number #2 seed Daniel Medvedev.

Here are the quarters with odds to win in the tournament:

Joker (-265)
Fucsovics (+15000)

Khachanov (+8000)
Shapovalov (+1400)

Berrettini (+900)
Auger-Aliassime (+2700)

Fed (+650)
Hurkacz (+3300)

Next generation on the men’s side has some definite talent but has been underwhelming on the big stages so far. Disappointing.

Fed loses in straight sets to Hubert Haracz. 6-0 in the third.

Could be his last match at Wimbledon.

I had the match on and watched the second set more than the other two but Fed looked better in the parts I watched

what happened?

Wonder when the last time was that Fed lost a set 6-0.

If/when Joker beats Berritini on Sunday, Joker will tie Fed and Nadal for the most grandslams with 20. With a win Sunday and in the US Open, Joker will also join Rod Laver and Don Budge as the only players to win all 4 grand slams in the same year. Joker also holds a winning record head to head against both Nadal and Fed. Realize he's not as popular as Fed or Nadal (or as much as any all-time great tennis player), but pretty clear that Joker is the GOAT in tennis.

Strong first set from Berrettini. He was down 2-5 and came back to win it in the tiebreaker.

Berrittini has a bigger serve and more power, but Djokovic is faster, more consistent, and is mentally so tough.

So we all agree Novak is the GOAT, right? If he adds more slams, that's just icing the cake.

Don’t see how you argue anything else
- tied (for now) for most slams
- only player with 2 wins at all 4 slams
- only player with a win at all masters 1000 series (and he has 2 at each)
- most career weeks at number 1
- career head to head over roger and rafa

And I’d also throw in:
- best Rafa twice at RG / hardest thing to do in sports
- came back from match points down to Roger in a Wimbledon final
- played the majority of his career in front of crowds cheering for the other guy

I think he’s probably got 2-3 solid years to chase calendar slam (or even golden slam this year), Serena’s 23 open era record, and Court’s 24 all time record

Back