• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Didn't he withdraw from the event tonight after being injured in his QF match?

looks like the other semifinal match is the same matchup as R1 US Open a few days later

I know nothing about Korda’s situation but stakes are so high before the US Open that seems like any slight discomfort has guys dropping out of the tournament

Deac Borna Gojo has won his first two qualifier matches (which guarantees him $35K) at the US Open. He is one win away from qualifying for the main draw.

best tournament of the year kicks off today

my girl Taylor Townsend already through the second round

Gojo qualifies

Thiem takes down Bublik, tough matchup for a seeded guy

Gojo wins in straight sets, which is huge for him - rankings points and $123,000.

Entertaining Gauff match right now - lots of mind games

I’m all for a little gamesmanship but Siegemund took it too far and I’m glad she had to give up that point

Last week at WF Peter Korda beat Martin Fucsovics. 5 days later Fucsovics upsets Korda in the first round of the US Open.

Going to Thursday's day session. I watch a fair bit of the majors but for those who follow more closely, let me know if there are any exciting matchups to look out for.

Going to Thursday's day session. I watch a fair bit of the majors but for those who follow more closely, let me know if there are any exciting matchups to look out for.
I'm jealous. We won't know the Thursday matchups until Tues night. Go to some matches on the grandstand and court 17.

US Open is a lot of fun and bouncing around to all the different courts is great

do you have grounds passes only or tickets to a stadium which includes the grounds pass?

Med won 6-1 6-1 6-0

don't know that I've ever seen a men's match so lopsided in a grand slam

serve-and-volley games bring me much joy

love watching Taylor Townsend

bummed Cressy didn't qualify

US Open is a lot of fun and bouncing around to all the different courts is great

do you have grounds passes only or tickets to a stadium which includes the grounds pass?
Not sure - I think we have general admission, not sure about any stadium seating.

Not sure - I think we have general admission, not sure about any stadium seating.
cool -- you'd probably know if you had stadium passes

looks like they haven't dropped the schedule for tomorrow yet, but I'll try to post again once it drops if I see some matches that look intriguing

Back