• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Terrific crowd at the Joel tonight!

Was better than average. Won a few nice verdicts. Fought the good fight. Double Deacon and have been a huge WF fan my entire life. Getting back to the subject, DR has probably visited more college basketball arenas than anyone. I respect his opinion but I think a perfect size arena for WF would be about the size of Xavier’s place. Big enough for the big games and not so big that it’s 2/3 empty for crappy games. Littlejohn and the new GT arena are very nice sized venues, though Littlejohn may be a bit too small for us.

That means next to nothing if you present the arguments he has and continue to punt when asked direct questions about his philosophy specific to Wake and why the current structure isn't working (getting recruits and winning) when both have been done, at a high level, with the current arena.

I'm on board wishing the Joel was 10,000 instead of 14,500. But in no way, shape, or form do I think this impacts wins, recruiting, nor is it fiscally responsible to build a new arena to subtract 4000 seats.

Examples of specific schools and recruits you've talked to who have said "I picked this school because I didn't see any empty seats in the arena". Also, how did we get Chaundee Brown, Jalen Hoard, and Mucius with the current arena, much less the state of the basketball program after [name redacted] left?

You keep mentioning you are such a winner in life. While I like the positive attitude, what does a positive life entail? You've called all who disagree with you, losers. Are they losers because they don't agree with you, or are you doing something in life that makes you a winner that you don't believe others are doing in their life? Does winning only involve the money in your bank account? If you get that money by bringing bogus lawsuits, does that make you a winner?

If I were you I'd consider anyone who hadn't played a down in the NFL a loser. IN YOUR FACE DR!

For those keeping score today, the Dow is up over 300 points. Up 35% now since election day.

Wake Forest basketball has been to 0 ACC Championship games & 1 Sweet 16 in the last 21 years.

I've probably scene more NFL stadiums than most. I don't pretend to have solutions to how San Diego could have gotten more fans or won more games. Building a new stadium in downtown San Diego was voted down by a large margin, twice, by the citizens who didn't want to pay for it. They are all losers in DR's book.

The 5-6 chargers did move to a soccer arena this year. Which holds 20k instead of 60k. Hasn't seemed to help their winning.

For those keeping score today, the Dow is up over 300 points. Up 35% now since election day.

Wake Forest basketball has been to 0 ACC Championship games & 1 Sweet 16 in the last 21 years.

How many of those NCAA tournament games and ACC tournament games were played at the Joel?

What does the DOW have to do with Wake Forest Basketball?

That means next to nothing if you present the arguments he has and continue to punt when asked direct questions about his philosophy specific to Wake and why the current structure isn't working (getting recruits and winning) when both have been done, at a high level, with the current arena.

I'm on board wishing the Joel was 10,000 instead of 14,500. But in no way, shape, or form do I think this impacts wins, recruiting, nor is it fiscally responsible to build a new arena to subtract 4000 seats.

I have answered this question directly many many times. It isn't worth engaging you. No one can rationally maintain that a recruit who sits behind our bench for this week's game and then sits in Cameron Indoor Stadium isn't influenced. Sure we can convince some, but a great home atmosphere impacts recruiting overall. If you disagree with that, we just disagree.

I have answered this question directly many many times. It isn't worth engaging you. No one can rationally maintain that a recruit who sits behind our bench for this week's game and then sits in Cameron Indoor Stadium isn't influenced. Sure we can convince some, but a great home atmosphere impacts recruiting overall. If you disagree with that, we just disagree.

The only difference between Duke And Wake Basketball is the facility they play in, right.

And the Joel hasn't prevented us from landing top recruits. [Redacted] has.

Stanford has a 7,000 seat Arena on campus, more alumni, better brand academically than Wake, and students sit court side. They have everything you want. Why aren't they = Duke Basketball?

Cameron is a great atmosphere because Duke wins all the time including the postseason. When Duke was mediocre for a year or two you had K bitching about how none of the students showed up. Wake wouldn't be an elite atmosphere with a 2-4 record if we were playing in a 5000 seat Arena. It's the players and the coaches

The only difference between Duke And Wake Basketball is the facility they play in, right.

And the Joel hasn't prevented us from landing top recruits. [Redacted] has.

Clearly it's all [Redacted]'s fault. That's why we are going on 7 decades of losing. Look, i'll say this again, I've never said the stadium is the ONLY reason teams win. But it's part of the package. We as a University control that part of the package. And we have failed miserably since agreed to move to Winston-Salem. We are now considering extending that run of fail to 100 years by renovating this debacle.

It is a disaster that our community tolerates this losing. Someone recently told me something that finally hit home. "We just don't care about winning to fix it." It's true. 100 years of failure.

Clearly it's all [name redacted]'s fault. That's why we are going on 7 decades of losing. Look, i'll say this again, I've never said the stadium is the ONLY reason teams win. But it's part of the package. We as a University control that part of the package. And we have failed miserably since agreed to move to Winston-Salem. We are now considering extending that run of fail to 100 years by renovating this debacle.

It is a disaster that our community tolerates this losing. Someone recently told me something that finally hit home. "We just don't care about winning to fix it." It's true. 100 years of failure.

We have earned high seeds in tournaments, in part, because we won a lot of home games with fantastic crowds. We have lost on neutral courts. What does that have to do with the joel?

When Duke was mediocre for a year or two you had K bitching about how none of the students showed up.

Excuse me? I am in and out of Cameron 7-8 times a year and have been for decades. This is just plain false.

We have earned high seeds in tournaments, in part, because we won a lot of home games. We have lost on neutral courts. What does that have to do with the joel?

I already told you it impacts recruitng both of coaches and players. You know that it does.

Since you are such a winner, have money to spend, why don't you donate 100 million to wake to build a new arena and call it "Donald Ross' Winners Arena"

Stanford has a 7,000 seat Arena on campus, more alumni, better brand academically than Wake, and students sit court side. They have everything you want. Why aren't they = Duke Basketball?

Great question. I'm sure DR has a response that includes winning in life, the Dow, and other related metrics.

I already told you it impacts recruitng both of coaches and players. You know that it does.

But it hasn't. We got a top 10 class this year, while losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

When the boards side with theReff over you, you know your argument is messed up.

Fucking dukies. All the same.

Back