• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Terrific crowd at the Joel tonight!

We could have gotten AYO!. Oh wait, he chose a school with an arena bigger than ours. I think we actually need MORE seats. Time to set up a basketball court at BB&T field, at least for recruiting weekends.

I think it’s funny that a winner like DR hasn’t been able to win this argument for two decades.

Agree strongly. It's amazing. I've done everything else I've set my mind to in life. This one goes on deaf ears. When it comes to this argument, I am squarely a loser. You know, acknowledging losing is the first step to recovery.

Agree strongly. It's amazing. I've done everything else I've set my mind to in life. This one goes on deaf ears. When it comes to this argument, I am squarely a loser. You know, acknowledging losing is the first step to recovery.

Maybe it's just a losing argument?

Maybe it's just a losing argument?

We agree to disagree. I've watched first hand the power of what a home crowd in the right environment for a team and to the recruits sitting behind the bench. I've also watched first hand what happens at Wake. We pray our recruits don't come to the games to see that morgue.

It is what it is. I do not agree with this community. I'm entitled to my opinion. And I will be a pompous ass about it to all I encounter. Because I can. So there.

We agree to disagree. I've watched first hand the power of what a home crowd in the right environment for a team and to the recruits sitting behind the bench. I've also watched first hand what happens at Wake. We pray our recruits don't come to the games to see that morgue.

It is what it is. I do not agree with this community. I'm entitled to my opinion. And I will be a pompous ass about it to all I encounter. Because I can. So there.

Have you considered an outdoor hoops court at Spry? Would give us a YUGE home field...er, uh, court, advantage.

and we've all watched the power of the home crowd in the very building you hate.

Where did you watch that first hand? duke? You don't think that had a little more to do with having one of the 3-4 best people ever to coach the game of basketball?

Where did you watch that first hand? duke? You don't think that had a little more to do with having one of the 3-4 best people ever to coach the game of basketball?

obviously K's success is due to their small shitty arena. expanding it would cause them to lose mightily.

Or poorly argued.

I argued it very nicely for a decade. Now I'm just a bitter man spiking the football as I'm winning and Wake hoops goes on decade 7 of losing. I don't have to argue it well. Doing so didn't work. Might as well try this.

Examples of specific schools and recruits you've talked to who have said "I picked this school because I didn't see any empty seats in the arena". Also, how did we get Chaundee Brown, Jalen Hoard, and Mucius with the current arena, much less the state of the basketball program after [name redacted] left?

You keep mentioning you are such a winner in life. While I like the positive attitude, what does a positive life entail? You've called all who disagree with you, losers. Are they losers because they don't agree with you, or are you doing something in life that makes you a winner that you don't believe others are doing in their life? Does winning only involve the money in your bank account? If you get that money by bringing bogus lawsuits, does that make you a winner?

Last edited:
Examples of specific schools and recruits you've talked to who has said "I picked this school because I didn't see any empty seats in the arena". Also, how did we get Chaundee Brown, Jalen Hoard, and Mucius with the current arena, much less the state of the basketball program after [Redacted] left?

You keep mentioning you are such a winner in life. While I like the positive attitude, what does a positive life entail? You've called all who disagree with you, losers. Are they losers because they don't agree with you, or are you doing something in life that makes you a winner that you don't believe others are doing in their life? Does winning only involve the money in your bank account? If you get that money by bringing bogus lawsuits, does that make you a winner?

Donald Ross the ambulance chaser?

I believe he's mentioned working with the top Personal Injury lawyers in the state. I just put 2 and 2 together.

2&2 isn't a top NC lawyer. wfu22fan is.

There's a pretty funny, RJ-level bad review of DR's services out there in the interwebs. Don't want to get in trouble for "doxing" or whatever, but someone previously sent the link. #aCaseAlmostWon

Things are getting personal around here. I hear ya. Good, some of you care. I'm glad. Shows we have a chance to care one day.

Things are getting personal around here. I hear ya. Good, some of you care. I'm glad. Shows we have a chance to care one day.

I think calling people losers without not knowing them, anonymously bragging about your salary on a message board to somehow validate a terrible argument, and making blanket statements about the impact your winner's idea would have on recruiting without supplying any evidence is misguided at best. I was trying to ask some questions about your statements.

I believe he's mentioned working with the top Personal Injury lawyers in the state. I just put 2 and 2 together.

That's what he says.....makes sever gazillion dollars a year and owns over 400 houses & apartments in Greensboro with no mortgage on any of them. Just ask! In the meantime, he never remembers how The Joel was a beehive to play in back in the Odom years with Duncan & Chill. Or Skip's years with JHo & Darius or CP3 & Taron. Or Dino's #1 teams with Jeff Teague, Al Farouq Aminu & James Johnson. This spring at a media event put on by TV Dave right before his Sportwriters HOF event in Winston, he had several officials and ACC Supervisor Bryan Kersey speak. Kersey told me that The Joel was one of his top 2 toughest arenas back in those days. Teams just didn't come in here & win with those Odom teams nor CP3 teams.

I argued it very nicely for a decade. Now I'm just a bitter man spiking the football as I'm winning and Wake hoops goes on decade 7 of losing. I don't have to argue it well. Doing so didn't work. Might as well try this.

You're spiking the football because Wake isn't a consistent winner, or because you think that Wake isn't a consistent winner because we don't have an OCA (which itself is a hell of a ridiculous argument)?

2&2 isn't a top NC lawyer. wfu22fan is.

Was better than average. Won a few nice verdicts. Fought the good fight. Double Deacon and have been a huge WF fan my entire life. Getting back to the subject, DR has probably visited more college basketball arenas than anyone. I respect his opinion but I think a perfect size arena for WF would be about the size of Xavier’s place. Big enough for the big games and not so big that it’s 2/3 empty for crappy games. Littlejohn and the new GT arena are very nice sized venues.

Last edited:
Back