• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Terrific crowd at the Joel tonight!

What do you mean I'm assuming there won't be season ticket holders? Of course there will be season ticketholders. We will sell out my 5K seat arena with season ticket holders. It's called the secondary market dude. Something Ron Wellman still doesn't believe exists.

Season ticket holders can't give away tickets in the Joel because anyone can buy them for $6. Get the proper supply to meet the lower demand and they will be getting a premium for Richmond.

I swear everyone in athletics should have to take an economics course.

There is not a secondary market for bad products.

Wrong. Do you realize the App State Wake football game this year was the most expensive ticket in Wake football history? Hint: it wasn't because of quality!

Wrong. Do you realize the App State Wake football game this year was the most expensive ticket in Wake football history? Hint: it wasn't because of quality!

Weren’t we like the second P5 school to play there? Speculatively, it was because of quality.

Our product is worth more in the Boone market than wofford

... Cameron also has the advantage of having the number 1 team in the country playing there which has more to do with the fact that they have a HOF coach than that they play in a shithole crackerjack box.

Curious to know if Duke still played to sellout crowds at Cameron toward the end of Gaudet's season filling in for K. I'm talking actual butts in the seats, not inflated attendance numbers.

It's about supply and demand.

God v. Satan in a cage match would be a great ticket in a 100K seat stadium

Wake Forest v. Richmond would be a great ticket in a 2500 seat stadium

I really don't know how anyone successfully runs businesses in this country without spending at least 2 years as a scalper. Ticket scalpers in NC are a hell of a lot smarter than most CEOs I've represented.

Curious to know if Duke still played to sellout crowds at Cameron toward the end of Gaudet's season filling in for K. I'm talking actual butts in the seats, not inflated attendance numbers.

The loudest stadium I've ever been in was Cameron with Pete Gaudet at the helm.

It's about supply and demand.

God v. Satan in a cage match would be a great ticket in a 100K seat stadium

Wake Forest v. Richmond would be a great ticket in a 2500 seat stadium

I really don't know how anyone successfully runs businesses in this country without spending at least 2 years as a scalper. Ticket scalpers in NC are a hell of a lot smarter than most CEOs I've represented.

So you’re saying it would make more sense to make the product on the court better?

So you’re saying it would make more sense to make the product on the court better?

I've watched 2 first ballot HOFers play in our pathetic home venue. The crowds were a disaster. Thousands of empty seats. (semi) Rich donors sitting on their hands.

I've watched a college basketball game in 146 buildings. The Joel is dead last on my list. I'm arguing with people who have been to 3 or 4.

I've watched 2 first ballot HOFers play in our pathetic home venue. The crowds were a disaster. Thousands of empty seats. (semi) Rich donors sitting on their hands.

I've watched a college basketball game in 146 buildings. The Joel is dead last on my list. I'm arguing with people who have been to 3 or 4.

It would be #1 with only 500 of same donors in the crowd on their hands!

People sitting on their hands have nothing to do with the building. Congratulations on your travels btw

Nope. I went to many games at Cameron during the 94-95 season. There were many open seats, especially in the student section, and the venue was dead.

Nope. I went to many games at Cameron during the 94-95 season. There were many open seats, especially in the student section, and the venue was dead.

Yea, that place was just dead when Jeff Capel hit that shot in February. Get real.

The loudest stadium I've ever been in was Cameron with Pete Gaudet at the helm.

Well, I hope it wasn't the game against Les Robinson's crap State team that blew Duke out of the gym. If it was, we'll never agree on anything. Was wondering if they the excitement or enthusiasm came back. I'll take Rafi at his word on this one.

Cameron is the most overrated venue in the nation and has been for half a century.

Back