• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Terrific crowd at the Joel tonight!

Isn’t this guy short, with red hair, over 40 with no wife, no kids, and he goes to dozens of college basketball games a year that don’t involve wake?

NCAA Stats Average Home Attendance 2016 (Stats don't lie)

Vandy 11,135
Wake 9520
Duke 9314
Notre Dame 8517
Northwestern 6913
SoCal 4606
Stanford 4393
BC 3411

New rule: starting a thread that brings DR out of his hole = 3 month ban.

Seriously though. Our stadium was 1/6 full for the big fall game and you people are talking about which of your daughters I’m tagging? We are losers because of this.

So a smaller arena that was 1/4 or 1/3 full would be that much better?

It seems to me an existing building on our sports campus that a Wake paid for plan entails fewer seats, is a decent compromise with those that want a new building with fewer seats. It also seems we should wait for plan to see exactly what will take place. I believe there are firms out there who can make the building seem as if it never had 14,000 seats. That's what they do. If we agree that fewer seats is optimal and our goal, what is at the root of the disagreement. In life, no one gets everything they want. Is this not reasonable?

New rule: starting a thread that brings DR out of his hole = 3 month ban.

This. While I was watching the game last night I realized the hide your keys guy would be out in all his insight rich and humble glory.

Seriously though. Our stadium was 1/6 full for the big fall game and you people are talking about which of your daughters I’m tagging? We are losers because of this.

Seriously though. Playing in front of 14,000 is better than playing in front of 3,000 when they win games. Check the Teague, CP3, Howard Teams. For non conference cupcakes, you'd have a hard time finding any arena full in college basketball. For ACC games during those years, Arena was packed, great atmosphere, tough place to play.

We were a 2-4 team playing against a BAD Illinois team, that might finish last in the Big 10. This was not a "big fall game". If we were 5-1, ranked 25, playing against a ranked big 10 opponent, I'd be there. I live in Winston. Because the product has been terrible, I didn't go. It has nothing to do with the arena size.

You are on some sort of crusade thinking this is the answer to all our problems. It's annoying. No one agrees with you. Maybe your "view of life" is the problem. move on.

You are right about not many agreeing. Not moving on. We own our losing.

you said last night it was "your fault" meaning us and not you. now you say "we own our losing." What changed last night so you are now lumped in?

you said last night it was "your fault" meaning us and not you. now you say "we own our losing." What changed last night so you are now lumped in?

It's you too. Not standing up. You people are pathetic. No wonder we are always last. Not getting things right. What a life it must be.

I don't own any of the losing. I don't play or coach. What loses games is players 100% capable, but not switching on pick and roles, not hustling for a rebound, Not making open shots. The arena has nothing to do with losing. And if it did, how do you explain winning in front of 3k fans last night?

You are either an excellent troll, or have terrible critical thinking skills.

Please address the full crowds and great home records of the teams that were good at Wake.

Are you making an argument for a smaller home court because we lose with good teams at neutral court sites? :confused:

It's you too. Not standing up. You people are pathetic. No wonder we are always last. Not getting things right. What a life it must be.

Pathetic because we don't agree with you? Pathetic because we don't constantly humblebrag about how awesome our lives are? I'm sure you're a good guy in real life - I've heard this from people I respect - but there's no need to be a keyboard douche all the time.

Sincerely,

Douchebag in Recovery

DR is approaching BKF level awfulness. The classless arrogance puts it over the top for me. If he posted as much as BKF did, he'd be by far the worst poster in the history of these here OGBoards. Remember, this is the guy who vehemently defended Elrod.

Bob beat me to it - are we not "resizing" the Joel after this season to more like 10k?

Donald Ross won't be happy until we have this

2hyhtti.jpg

Since when was it acceptable to brag if you are a short, pudgy, insecure, red headed troll? Go back to corner table of the cafeteria and STFU.

Back