• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Texas will require burial of aborted fetuses

I hope this doesn't come across as callous or too personal (if it does feel free to ignore), but did she do something with the bodies that would have been prohibited by this rule? I mean, the rule prohibits providers from flushing aborted fetuses down the toilet, dumping them in a landfill, or leaving them in a dumpster, for example.

You probably should have used your filter and not posted this question.

Maybe we can crosstrain NC's P&V checkers to also confirm whether all fetal tissue is spread or buried in TX

Are people equally offended by laws that require them to bury or cremate a child that dies the day it is born or thereafter?

This is, as you know, the ideological firewall of this issue.

My wife gave birth to stillborn twins in 1996. Texas, and the people behind this bill, can suck the largest bag of dicks Texas has to offer.

This is every fucking thing I hate about politics. Keep your bullshit religious fairytale weirdness out of my life.

Couldn't agree more.

Are people equally offended by laws that require them to bury or cremate a child that dies the day it is born or thereafter?

The government should not be making laws that mandate how people dispose of loved ones or other human remains or aborted/miscarried fetuses except with respect to public health and disease concerns.

My wife gave birth to stillborn twins in 1996. Texas, and the people behind this bill, can suck the largest bag of dicks Texas has to offer.

This is every fucking thing I hate about politics. Keep your bullshit religious fairytale weirdness out of my life.

I am sorry, Coach O. İ can't imagine.

Well, first of all, I'm not sure under what authority you have a property right to display grandmammy's body. Second of all, yes, taxidermy of humans is a public health risk insofar as it undermines the dignity of human life.

Dignity of death is what we are actually talking about here. Gramdmammy's head on the wall is dead. What if I wanted to mummify grandmammy?

Can we mandate Sky burials next? That would be a money way to go out.

Well, first of all, I'm not sure under what authority you have a property right to display grandmammy's body. Second of all, yes, taxidermy of humans is a public health risk insofar as it undermines the dignity of human life.

How exactly does it undermine the dignity of human life?

IMO there is way too much shit that humans do to other humans while they are living that undermines the dignity of human life to be concerned with how the dead are disposed.

Glad to see you recognize mental health as a key part of public health though.

Exactly. It's freakish behavior that evidences a lack of respect for the dignity of human life and cannot help but result in that same response for all who see it. And for that reason, state legislators charged with protecting the general welfare of the people, should prohibit it.

Why do you get to define what is dignified for everyone else?

We may also be talking about the dignity of death, but if we are discussing the display of a human body, we are talking about the dignity of life.

I'm not super familiar with mummification, but my understanding is you put a bunch of spices and oils on the body and wrap it in a sheet to preserve it for the journey to see Sun-Ra. If you want to do that, have at it, then bury the body.

I want to display the mummified corpse like Lenin.

So I should be allowed to send grandmammy to a taxidermist after she dies if I want?

What if we light her corpse on fire and keep the ashes in a little jar above the toilet!

Government: "That's perfectly normal, but common decency says to put grandmammy's ashes in the living room so she can watch her soaps."

Last edited:
Back