• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Texting and driving

Yea I don't text and drive either...other than a "driving" if I'm not around other drivers or at a red light/stop sign.

Rode with my brother the other day and he was all out having conversations and driving down a busy 4 lane highway...really pissed me off.

That's when you take his phone.

Troopers now routinely request to see drivers cells phone at wreck scenes. Its sad that we've come to that.

One month last year, they gave out over 1000 tickets in HB for texting or talking on a phone while driving.

I feel bad for the lady who was walking her dog. I started crying when she said "Charlie was my best friend".

Wow. I ended up googling Debbie in Vermont's case......the teen who hit her had a lawyer who said Debbie was wearing dark clothing and walking a dark dog on a poorly lit street with a .099 BAC and the texting had nothing to do with the accident. That it was Debbie's fault. Holy shit, I get that is what defense attorneys do, but shit to tell someone they shouldn't have been drinking and walking or they should have had a white dog?? Fuck man.

Did some googling on Chandler Gerber....before the accident where he killed the Amish in April 2012 he was in a very serious car accident in that resulted in his hospitalization for several days with a collapsed lung in December 2010. I can't find any information on that crash except that it involved a car and a truck.....but damn....you think if you had been in one serious accident you would be more careful, even if it hadn't been your fault.

Last edited:
It seems like talking on the phone isn't much better. Anecdotal, but every time someone on the road is driving like an asshole, I noticed they're talking on the phone more times than not.

I'd like to see how something like Apple's Siri in the car that they're piloting next year with the major car manufacturers helps with something like this.

It seems like talking on the phone isn't much better. Anecdotal, but every time someone on the road is driving like an asshole, I noticed they're talking on the phone more times than not.

I'd like to see how something like Apple's Siri in the car that they're piloting next year with the major car manufacturers helps with something like this.

Yeah I see that a lot. I think that bluetooth/hands free helps quite a bit. You're still impaired but dramatically less so. I hope that all states ban talking on the phone (without hands free) and enforce it seriously.

Texting is obviously ridiculously distracting... But, honest question, is talking on the phone really that much more distracting than carrying on a conversation with people in the car?

Texting is obviously ridiculously distracting... But, honest question, is talking on the phone really that much more distracting than carrying on a conversation with people in the car?

If you're using handsfree it's a little worse than talking with a passenger. But if you're actually holding the phone then I think its more distracting. At least that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Back