• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thank you Wake Forest baseball 2023

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
This is not intended to be a new baseball thread. It is not. I’m against changing the vibe. I also never start threads.

But this a thread for everyone to jump in and thank this team for not just playing to seed. Which we never do. Or backing into a game that matters. This team is fucking good. And made us all proud all season and today.

So fucking thank you. 40+ year wake guy needed this. I love this team.

I agree. And I actually got a little teary eyed when we won and I thought about how much my dad (Wake class of ‘65) and my uncle (class of ‘71) would have loved today and this whole season. Sadly they aren’t here to share in it but I know that they are smiling and saying Go Deacs!

We're in Omaha and #1 in the nation. Starting new threads should be quite fashionable at this point.

Go Deacs!!!

After the close game on Saturday I was fully expecting yesterday's result. I don't recall ever having so much confidence in a Wake team in any sport. Our best basketball and football teams were never this dominant. The only team that comes close is the 1975 Men's Golf team but I was too young to really know anything about it then.

After the close game on Saturday I was fully expecting yesterday's result. I don't recall ever having so much confidence in a Wake team in any sport. Our best basketball and football teams were never this dominant. The only team that comes close is the 1975 Men's Golf team but I was too young to really know anything about it then.
And this baseball team has three Curtis Stranges and two Jay Haas’.

I went to a decent chunk of games at Hooks growing up and off and on through the mid 00s when I was in school or lived close by; spotty following since, though always kept an eye on scores/standings. Tuned back in late last year (though watched all of the Florida Super Regional) only to be disappointed in the regional performance, but was all in over the offseason and watched most games this year. Super fun to follow, seem like a bunch of good dudes -- been a blast. Let's keep it going.

Go Deacs! Thanks!

Bump. If it's any indication of how special the team was this year, my wife, who doesn't give a shit about baseball at any level, got so invested in the team that she has literally been scheduling our lives around watching the Deacs the past few weeks. Cancelling kids activities to be able to turn games on, going to games, pushing me to go to Omaha, etc. If a baseball team can do that to my wife...then damn, it was a hell of a run.

Thanks 2023 Deacs - won't be forgotten.

Back