• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thank you Wake Forest baseball 2023

It's just really hard to win the CWS. FSU has been to Omaha 23 times. They have never won. 0-23.

In this CWS, 13 games have been played and 8 have been decided by one run or extra innings, and two more have been decided by two runs. That's 8 games that could have flipped on a hit, error, strike zone, or even positioning on a single at bat. Thinking about the three WF v. LSU games, every game could have resulted in a different outcome had any one of several plays turned out slightly different.

So, yeah, it hurts to lose the final game in extra innings, when one run in any one of ten innings would have resulted in a WF win, but that is just the nature of a sport which needs to be assessed over an entire season, but the ultimate winner is decided over a handful of games. Literally anything can happen. As a result, you got to enjoy the ride. Appreciate the season as a whole. Otherwise, this sport will destroy you (ask Red Sox fans before 2004 or Cubs fans before 2016).

.m., everyone in the Wake Forest and Winston-Salem community is invited to the McCreary Tower Lot beneath David F. Couch Ballpark to welcome home our 2023 baseball team following an incredible run at the Men’s College World Series in Omaha.
By: Will Pantages
Share:
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The 2023 Wake Forest Baseball team will arrive back the McCreary Tower Lot behind the Bob McCreary Video Board Honoring the Class of 1961 approximately at 3:15 p.m. on Friday, June 23 and everyone in the Winston-Salem and Triad community is encouraged to attend to congratulate these incredible student-athletes and coaches for a memorable and incredible run to and in Omaha at the Men's College World Series.

The Deacs (54-12) finished the 2023 season with program records in regular season wins, ACC wins, ACC series wins, postseason wins and overall wins.

Additionally, this year's Demon Deacons squad became the 13th ACC team since 2010 to reach the 50-win mark and the 28th to do so since 2000. Additionally, the 54 wins this season marks the first 50-win season by an ACC team since 2019, the most wins by an ACC team since 2013 and is the third highest win total since 2010.

The 2023 Wake Forest baseball team made the program's third ever Men's College World Series appearance this season, and its first since capturing the program's first national championship in 1955.

Wake Forest earned the No. 1 overall seed in the 2023 NCAA Tournament and went a perfect 3-0 in the Winston-Salem Regional, its first time hosting since 2017, with victories over Maryland and George Mason (twice) to host Winston-Salem's first ever super regional.
Skip Ad

The Deacs continued their winning ways in Omaha, defeating No. 8 Stanford and No. 5 LSU.

In the opening game of the MCWS against Stanford, Wake Forest came from behind to take a one-run lead in the eighth inning before Camden Minacci slammed the door in the ninth, recording a save.

In its first of three games against LSU, Bennett Lee delivered with a clutch RBI-single down the left field line to break a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the eighth before Minacci once again slammed the door in the top of the ninth to clinch the victory.

Along with welcoming the team back to Winston-Salem this afternoon, fans can support the Deacs by purchasing Demon Deacons Men's College World Series gear at WakeForestShop.com and securing your spot inside David F. Couch Ballpark in 2024 with season tickets.

Follow The Deacs:
GoDeacs.com | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
What is the season ticket cost? I may just do it. I definitely spent more money just buying individual game tix.

What is the season ticket cost? I may just do it. I definitely spent more money just buying individual game tix.
I seem to remember the get in the door price was like $75 but I could be totally misremembering. Good on them to be ready to take folks' money now. I'm sure they will go up, but I bet you could get GA for $100 for the season.

resize

2023 season prices

Last edited:
I seem to remember the get in the door price was like $75 but I could be totally misremembering. Good on them to be ready to take folks' money now. I'm sure they will go up, but I bet you could get GA for $100 for the season.
I believe it was $100 for like 10 games

I believe it was $100 for like 10 games
They definitely did some midseason packages which weren't a bad deal. We picked up a few since little dude wasn't ready for night games. Hit up 3-4 Sunday/Saturday games altogether. Might pick up season tickets next year. Not doing FB season tickets for the first time in 15 years since baby #2 arrives the week of game 1.

i guess i didn't realize how reasonably priced the games were. Costs $5 to $10 to get into a HS game around here
Around here too. As much as I miss the pre-kid days of leaving work on Wednesday and wandering over to catch a few innings for free, I hope the ticket continues to heat up for the Diamond Deacs. Substantial gate revenue like we saw in the late and postseason would be a boon for the baseball program. I bet we made more money in the gate for Supers than we did multiple seasons at Hooks (granted the money goes the NCAA).

There will be a season ticket buying splurge based on the goodwill from this past season. WF may want to consider adding some seats in the OF. Got to believe some Couch renovations are coming.

OGBoards table next year???
Not a bad idea. That patio is an awesome spot to watch a game. We took lil DF07 up there to run around during one of the early games and he hung out coloring with the coach's kids who were also checked out by that point.

There will be season ticket buying splurge based on the goodwill from this past season. WF may want to consider adding some seats in the OF. Got to believe some Couch renovations are coming.
The two temporary tailgate setups in the corner of LF were a great example of what you can do there. I would love to see the table deck extend out down the 3B line with another concession point in the OF corner. Similar to the bar over LCF for the Dash. I think having food & beer out there would make it look more full for early season and midweek games vs. seats. More shaded seats aren't a bad idea either.

Might be a better discussion for the offseason thread, but if I were making the call, I would build the hitting lab there and put club tables on top of it.

Back