• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thank you Wake Forest baseball 2023

Around here too. As much as I miss the pre-kid days of leaving work on Wednesday and wandering over to catch a few innings for free, I hope the ticket continues to heat up for the Diamond Deacs. Substantial gate revenue like we saw in the late and postseason would be a boon for the baseball program. I bet we made more money in the gate for Supers than we did multiple seasons at Hooks (granted the money goes the NCAA).
the most Preimum package works out to around sub $7 per game per person WITH a parking pass and club access.

the most Preimum package works out to around sub $7 per game per person WITH a parking pass and club access.
"Club access" is a tad misleading. It's basically a room next to the fan shop with peanuts and bags of potato chips.

It's just really hard to win the CWS. FSU has been to Omaha 23 times. They have never won. 0-23.

In this CWS, 13 games have been played and 8 have been decided by one run or extra innings, and two more have been decided by two runs. That's 8 games that could have flipped on a hit, error, strike zone, or even positioning on a single at bat. Thinking about the three WF v. LSU games, every game could have resulted in a different outcome had any one of several plays turned out slightly different.

So, yeah, it hurts to lose the final game in extra innings, when one run in any one of ten innings would have resulted in a WF win, but that is just the nature of a sport which needs to be assessed over an entire season, but the ultimate winner is decided over a handful of games. Literally anything can happen. As a result, you got to enjoy the ride. Appreciate the season as a whole. Otherwise, this sport will destroy you (ask Red Sox fans before 2004 or Cubs fans before 2016).
Well said. Post-season baseball is about as crapshoot-y as it gets. Always has been. Incredibly high variance sport that requires extremely large statistical samples to draw real conclusions, where wins and losses often boil down to discrete "events" (e.g., a homerun) that are very low probability to begin with, and where teams' respective talent levels are generally more "flat" (i.e., even) than in other sports. Good baseball teams lose post-season series to purportedly lesser teams literally every single year, at every single level.

Like, that FSU 0-23 statistic--while obviously surprising and terribly depressing for FSU fans--isn't really all that crazy given the format and the talent level.

Many years ago my wife had us do a goals meeting. She had categories like short term, long term, far fetched dreams, and ones that were largely out of your control. After the supers I had my wife find that list she recorded. In that final category I put three sports related goals. One of the three was to see Wake play in Omaha. I always tried to not plan summer vacations during Omaha week.

I echo the thanks to this team. By going in #1 they even exceeded my bucket list. Of course that made the loss sting even more, but what a great season.

By the way, my other two were to see the Braves win a World Series in person. I got that in 2021. Now I got this in 2023. I think that means we can plan on seeing Wake in the Final Four in San Antonio in 2025. 19EBD8FE-E760-4FD3-8738-F86E819F1451.jpeg

Tennessee announced today they’re spending $100 million to upgrade their baseball stadium and add 2k more seats
i think if we have a Super Regional run again next year, and solid season ticket buys this year, we should be in a position to do an upgrade at the couch. Still think doing it now is premature

i think if we have a Super Regional run again next year, and solid season ticket buys this year, we should be in a position to do an upgrade at the couch. Still think doing it now is premature
tennessee also has sec funny money they can’t figure out how to spend without coaching buyouts.

I would love to see a world where Wake brings in revenue positivity at the gate, but we’re quite far from there right now. It does seem apparent that any future TV contract will need content from college baseball, so it’s a great program to invest in from a strategic perspective.

I’m encouraged historically and currently in our ability to be competitive here because there are schools of a similar profile who do with regularity (vandy, stanford, etc.), and there are schools with less resources that get it done.

resize

2023 season prices
I assume these will go up a bit. Probably don’t need to do the reserve them now. I’ll wait and see.

I’ve said for years college baseball should be way more popular than it currently is. I think the last couple years have been driving up interest but hard to tell. AccN needs to show way more games
NIL is helping college baseball tremendously. I've said it before, but just in the 5 yrs I've been involved with HS and college baseball the shift in HS kids mindset about going to college vs going to the minors is significant.

Crappy bus trips, and PBJ vs Charter buses or flights and meal plans

NIL is helping college baseball tremendously. I've said it before, but just in the 5 yrs I've been involved with HS and college baseball the shift in HS kids mindset about going to college vs going to the minors is significant.

Crappy bus trips, and PBJ vs Charter buses or flights and meal plans
I read somewhere that the payscale for coaches at lower levels of college ball is abysmal. Is that true?

Tennessee announced today they’re spending $100 million to upgrade their baseball stadium and add 2k more seats

I guess Tennessee does not plan to lose out on many more Supers proposals, as they did this year when they had to go to Hattiesburg

I'd love to see the resources that suggest a commitment to having the best program in the ACC and I think we could do it. In a sport where guys stay 3 years and likely get a degree, the Wake education is a valuable asset. I haven't been to many ACC parks, but I'm confident that we have the best facilities of the big 4. It would be cool to have some boxes like they do at UNC, and maybe make the outfield more attractive, but it's pretty solid as is.

There will be a season ticket buying splurge based on the goodwill from this past season. WF may want to consider adding some seats in the OF. Got to believe some Couch renovations are coming.
Over the Hedge at The Couch brought to you by the OG Boards. (With beer garden of course)

"Club access" is a tad misleading. It's basically a room next to the fan shop with peanuts and bags of potato chips.
Can you please expand on what it’s like? I thought I heard you can get food and alcohol for a charge. Is it the same stuff in the concession stands? My wife wants to do this so I told her I would try to get more info. If we get a popcorn or peanuts and a couple of waters it probably saves us money.

Back