• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thank you Wake Forest baseball 2023

Tough that the season ended the way it did, but at the end of the day, it was a hell of a season. Making it to the champ game is hard as is, and Omaha is Omaha and there's nothing to hang our heads about. This has been one of the most electric and fun teams to get behind that I've seen, and I don't think I'll ever forget being at The Couch until 2am that one night. Here's to an amazing season and here's hoping for another one next spring

It was a great season and a heck of a ride in the post-season. I was at The Couch at 2am, too. The most electric game I've attended. Lots of great memories this year, and we will be back. This is just the beginning. Thanks, guys.

For weeks now, this little guy has gone to bed pretending to run through the batting order on his bedroom rug and woken up every morning doing the same thing. I’ve never in my life been a fan of the game of baseball, but team 109 captured the heart of my family in ways I will never forget.

Attachments

• IMG_8459.jpeg
    IMG_8459.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
Great season for the Deacs. First ACC regular season title in 60 years. Back to the CWS and proved we belonged.

Looking forward to following Lowder's pro career, especially, and can't wait for next season.

Enjoyed the ride, just wished it had last a few more days. However, great job Diamond Deacs, take some time and refocus and make another run next season!

Amazing and very special season. A big ‘thank you’ to the team from one fan. There is a whole new group of Wake legends in my book.

I hope this run serves as a catalyst for the program like the Orange Bowl season did for football-something that elevates the program from a visibility, fan support (community and students) and funding standpoint.

A GIANT Thank You to this legendary group of diamond Deacs! Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. You guys and your camaraderie, your grit, your determination and your accomplishments this season will live on forever with so many of us!

I can’t thank this team enough. I had the privilege to see them in the regular season, regionals, super regionals, and at the college World Series all in person. I played baseball in high school, but I really lost interest in the game over the years. They’ve renewed my interest in a sport I once loved. So proud of all of them and can’t wait to cheer for them in their next stages of life on the field and off. What a ride! Proud to be a Deac!

Thanks to the coaches for putting in the time and effort to bring this team together and helping them to become great. Thanks to the players for showing up, listening and working and becoming a really great team.

Cheers to a fantastic season that sparked a lot of interest and enjoyment among fans. Wake sports fans will never forget this team. Nor will followers of college baseball for a long time.

.m., everyone in the Wake Forest and Winston-Salem community is invited to the McCreary Tower Lot beneath David F. Couch Ballpark to welcome home our 2023 baseball team following an incredible run at the Men’s College World Series in Omaha.
By: Will Pantages
Share:
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The 2023 Wake Forest Baseball team will arrive back the McCreary Tower Lot behind the Bob McCreary Video Board Honoring the Class of 1961 approximately at 3:15 p.m. on Friday, June 23 and everyone in the Winston-Salem and Triad community is encouraged to attend to congratulate these incredible student-athletes and coaches for a memorable and incredible run to and in Omaha at the Men's College World Series.

The Deacs (54-12) finished the 2023 season with program records in regular season wins, ACC wins, ACC series wins, postseason wins and overall wins.

Additionally, this year's Demon Deacons squad became the 13th ACC team since 2010 to reach the 50-win mark and the 28th to do so since 2000. Additionally, the 54 wins this season marks the first 50-win season by an ACC team since 2019, the most wins by an ACC team since 2013 and is the third highest win total since 2010.

The 2023 Wake Forest baseball team made the program's third ever Men's College World Series appearance this season, and its first since capturing the program's first national championship in 1955.

Wake Forest earned the No. 1 overall seed in the 2023 NCAA Tournament and went a perfect 3-0 in the Winston-Salem Regional, its first time hosting since 2017, with victories over Maryland and George Mason (twice) to host Winston-Salem's first ever super regional.
Skip Ad

The Deacs continued their winning ways in Omaha, defeating No. 8 Stanford and No. 5 LSU.

In the opening game of the MCWS against Stanford, Wake Forest came from behind to take a one-run lead in the eighth inning before Camden Minacci slammed the door in the ninth, recording a save.

In its first of three games against LSU, Bennett Lee delivered with a clutch RBI-single down the left field line to break a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the eighth before Minacci once again slammed the door in the top of the ninth to clinch the victory.

Along with welcoming the team back to Winston-Salem this afternoon, fans can support the Deacs by purchasing Demon Deacons Men's College World Series gear at WakeForestShop.com and securing your spot inside David F. Couch Ballpark in 2024 with season tickets.

Follow The Deacs:
GoDeacs.com | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Back