• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That thing that never happens is happening again...

it's possible that someone who lives near the border of 3 states to finagle it, but is that really a scenario we need to be concerned with? 10s of people scrambling to spend an entire day adding their votes to 3 separate elections?

Let's disenfranchise hundreds of thousands people in each state to protect us against a few criminals.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/oct/15/voter-registrations-us-election

Let's say all 134 people ion VA who voted in multiple states were from NC (if they were from other states the numbers get worse for the ID crowd).

As you can see from above NC and VA have about 11.4M registered voters. The Brennan Center says up to 11% of current voters don't have the required ID. Let's cut that down to 5%.

So to keep 134 criminals from voting, the voter ID crowd would take the ability to vote from 570,000 people who didn't break the law.

That seems reasonable doesn't it?

Last edited:
NM

Misread your post's intent rj.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking to you. Sorry if you thought I was. I was putting what you found in context. I thought I was reinforcing your position.

Reactions: ONW
Back