• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather play it safe and just pay the good space eating DT instead burning a 1st rounder for cap space we don't really need or ever use on outside FAs. The cap space we have is for the good players we've drafted, like Star.

With all the talk about the quality depth in this draft for defensive linemen and Gettleman's love of them, I'd be stunned if we didn't take one in the first round. Jonathan Bullard, Dodd, Ogbah or someone similar. The perfect fit would be a DE that could slide inside on 3rd down with Addison outside.

If things go south for TD, AJ Klein is a fine fill in for the rest of the season. No need to take yet another LB yet. I think Shaq will end up being a nickel as well as the 3rd LB.

Not if TD and Luke are going to play 100% of snaps. Rather have the depth on the DL or OL.

Just saw von miller at the airport and it made me very very sad

Norman expected to be tagged today

Quinton Coples is in for a workout

Not if TD and Luke are going to play 100% of snaps. Rather have the depth on the DL or OL.

Out of curiosity, how much longer can/should we expect TD to take 100% of snaps? He turns 33 this month. He still have years to go at his current pace?

Out of curiosity, how much longer can/should we expect TD to take 100% of snaps? He turns 33 this month. He still have years to go at his current pace?

Sam Mills played in his fifth Pro Bowl at the age of 37. Then he retired after the next season.

Even if he doesn't, Shaq can take his snaps and we go nickel or Klein plays more. LB is easily our strongest position. Of course, it was last year and GMan took two LBs (although Mayo is going to be primarily a special teamer).

Norman expected to be tagged today

Quinton Coples is in for a workout

NFL network reporting Von Miller and Josh Norman both got the Franchise Tag. So our biggest Free Agent isn't going anywhere.

What the Broncos plan to do at QB is the most interesting aspect of the offseason in my opinion. They can't tag Osweiler now, so do they sign him to a big deal and have him be the starter?

What the Broncos plan to do at QB is the most interesting aspect of the offseason in my opinion. They can't tag Osweiler now, so do they sign him to a big deal and have him be the starter?

Saw a report that Manning wants to play next season and is looking at options, so that may be what Elway plans to do. It's the right move. Osweiler has a lot of potential and he's done his time on the bench. I could see the Broncos signing Hasselbeck as the backup.

Is it just because Denver has cap problems that it franchised Miller? Seems like locking that dude up is the biggest no brainer in free agency

Is it just because Denver has cap problems that it franchised Miller? Seems like locking that dude up is the biggest no brainer in free agency

He will likely push to be the highest paid Def player. He specifically said he 'wanted to be paid'. So he's looking for a record deal, vs hometown discounts. I mean he's not chasing a Superbowl title now, so it's all about the Benjamins.

Bills cut Mario Williams. Not a big surprise. Some speculate he could be a good fit in New England.

Locking up Miller and franchising Osweiler makes a ton of sense. I'm not sure how much Osweiler should get paid. He's got potential, but he's a question mark.

Locking up Miller and franchising Osweiler makes a ton of sense. I'm not sure how much Osweiler should get paid. He's got potential, but he's a question mark.

He's going to get paid now. It's just a matter of IF it's with Denver. Likely one of the other desperate for QB franchises will give him a ridiculous contract.

Especially with there being a lack of talent @ QB in this year's draft.

He's going to get paid now. It's just a matter of IF it's with Denver. Likely one of the other desperate for QB franchises will give him a ridiculous contract.

Especially with there being a lack of talent @ QB in this year's draft.

Oh he WILL get paid. Not sure what he SHOULD get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back