• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olsen was @ braves spring training today. Seahawks fan tossed him a Seahawks hat & he said "should I put that we beat you twice this year?"

Makes sense. Probably going to stick with the 3-4 more going forward anyway. Shaq has too much promise to take him off the field.

Given the financial commitment I think they will make to Star and Short I highly doubt they move away from the 4 man front. I actually think the coverage's the Panthers run combined with the coverage abilities Shaq, TD, and Luke make them even less inclined to move away from a 4 man front.

I meant sticking with the 4-3 as opposed to nickel.

I meant sticking with the 4-3 as opposed to nickel.

Ahhh that makes more sense. D should be poised for another really good year if they can add a few pieces that just make them marginally better. Think GMan can get that done through FA and the draft with the resources he's made available.

Bene is good, I like it

Finnegan was alright in the slot

Yeah. The big decision is if a mid priced FA DE and/or a rookie DE can offer the same production as CJ. Next year will determine if Ealy is in line to be the next Big Money as well.

Anyone know where I could score one of these caps? Can't seem to find it online

i

Watching tight ends work out at the combine on NFL Network. Third leg providing commentary. No way that guy doesn't wind up broadcasting after he hangs up the cleats.

Good article. I'm surprised that so many GM staff members were pulled away from scouting and draft prep for the Super Bowl.

6-4, 273 Oklahoma State DE Emmanuel Ogbah just ran a 4.62 40. Blazing for that size, been mocked to the Panthers at 31 a few places.

I still maintain that drafting from the SB position, you take the best available. There's about 40 guys projected as 1st round talent. Panthers and Broncos should just take the best player that falls to them.

There's limits to that though, right? Panthers should not draft a QB or a LB or a DT really in the first round no matter what.

There's limits to that though, right? Panthers should not draft a QB or a LB or a DT really in the first round no matter what.

Disagree on QB only. I'm as big a TD fan as there is, but you know his career is declining. If we could steal a dominant DT, that only helps with the cap going forward with Star.

I personally will be upset if we draft a LB or DT in the first. We just drafted TDs replacement. We already spend the majority of the time on defense with 2 LBs on the field. And we're going to pay KK and Star. Our cap is in good shape.

I personally will be upset if we draft a LB or DT in the first. We just drafted TDs replacement. We already spend the majority of the time on defense with 2 LBs on the field. And we're going to pay KK and Star. Our cap is in good shape.

If we get the right player, I'd take 5 years of a rookie DT and let Star walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back