• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we spend at DE in FA after restructuring CJ? I can't see it. I think GMan takes a DE in the 1st or 2nd and hopes for Ealy to build off what he showed in the Super Bowl.

DE would solidify a strength which has been Gman's norm on D. Show some Giants NASCAR fronts of the late 2000's. CJ, KK, Ayers, Ealy all in at once

DE is supposed to be a pretty deep position in the draft this year, which is nice.

Yeah, lining up nicely with our needs. I could see us going for DE in 2nd and 3rd round (or later), grabbing 2 similar to DT a couple season ago. I'd expect us to grab a talent in another position of need @ 30 since other areas are not as deep.

I've posted this before and I still think it will be the case. GMan plans to alternate between paying DT and DE. Before it was pay CJ and Hardy with recently drafted DTs. He can flip it with Ealy and a rookie DE. Then flip back once KK and Star are past their prime.

I wonder if there's any chance nkemdiche falls

Even if he does, it will be for character traits we have rarely overlooked in the past. I don't see any way everyone (but Denver) judges the guy as too risky and then we grab him.

I'm with you on Shaq Lawson, but I still think he is going to have a big combine and jump up the boards. Every Clemson game I watched this year, I couldn't understand why he wasn't getting more publicity for being the beast he is.

Last edited:
I also love how this article http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...e-a-good-draft-pick-for-the-seattle-seahawks/ tries to paint Nkemdiche being a "Pete Carroll/John Schneider type of pick’’ as a positive rather than just blatantly overlooking character issues because of talent. I don't care if teams do that, but call it what it is.

Also, still don't think Nkemdiche falls that far. Elite pass rushers that can cover at all are not going to slip into the 20's. Nkemdiche's measurables are absurd. He'll crush the combine. Assuming he doesn't get into any more trouble between now and then, I don't see those character issues being much of a deterrent.

Last edited:
I've seen a couple draft boards with the other Clemson DE, Kevin Dodd, as a better NFL prospect than Lawson.

GMan met with the media at the combine. He pretty much laid out the most basic offseason moves the team was planning.

Norman will get tagged. Big Money will be cut unless he agrees to take a huge pay cut. JStew is safe. Gman reiterated support for Remmers, "won 22 out of the last 25 games with him at RT." KB is looking great/in shape.

I like the Remmers decision. Let him compete for the starting RT spot with Williams and a draft pick or low cost FA. Maybe he ends up being a backup with a lot of experience.

I like the Remmers decision. Let him compete for the starting RT spot with Williams and a draft pick or low cost FA. Maybe he ends up being a backup with a lot of experience.

Me too. He's not the first guy to get lit up by Von Miller, and won't be the last guy to get lit up by Vic Beasley. It's the whole team's responsibility to get the ground game going and to stay out of obvious passing downs against guys like that.

We should only draft an OT if we think they can be a LT in a couple years, or maybe in the later rounds just to build depth. Remmers is fine.

There is simply not very many good tackles in the NFL right now. Remmers sucks, but he is serviceable. I trust in everything Gettlemagic is doing right now, there will be Lombardi trophies in Charlotte.

I also love how this article http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...e-a-good-draft-pick-for-the-seattle-seahawks/ tries to paint Nkemdiche being a "Pete Carroll/John Schneider type of pick’’ as a positive rather than just blatantly overlooking character issues because of talent. I don't care if teams do that, but call it what it is.

Also, still don't think Nkemdiche falls that far. Elite pass rushers that can cover at all are not going to slip into the 20's. Nkemdiche's measurables are absurd. He'll crush the combine. Assuming he doesn't get into any more trouble between now and then, I don't see those character issues being much of a deterrent.

Not to be obtuse but is a guy that only had 7 sacks in 3 years of college really a "elite pass rusher?"

Not to be obtuse but is a guy that only had 7 sacks in 3 years of college really a "elite pass rusher?"

Yes. I'm looking at him as a DT, not a DE. He has the ability to collapse pockets and be massively disruptive in both the passing and rushing game.

Last edited:
Rivera today at the combine, they're going to move Bene to the outside from the slot and let him compete for the #2 corner opposite JNo.

Going to need some nickels in FA/draft.

Makes sense. Probably going to stick with the 3-4 more going forward anyway. Shaq has too much promise to take him off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back