• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id rather pick up Bennett if he would agree to a team friendly deal.

To be clear, I wasn't making that point as a reason to justify keeping him at present. I was just pointing out that he had some very productive years for us.

I don't think anyone would argue he was productive, but he certainly didn't live up to his contract. He was a top 20 DE paid like a top 3 DE.

A majority of mock drafts I've seen have us taking Ogbah at 30...I feel like DE is definitely the choice at #30 if everything falls that way. If not Ogbah, then maybe Dodd from Clemson, he looked really good this year.

Kevin Dodd was apparently like a 24 year old college senior. It's a turn-off for me.

I don't see the downside really. He should be a more mature rookie. He doesn't get a second big contract. That's about it.

I don't see the downside really. He should be a more mature rookie. He doesn't get a second big contract. That's about it.

His age informs us as to his ceiling. We know how he plays as a 24-year old against college players. That's an age when defensive linemen should have three years of NFL experience and they would be absolutely destroying college offensive lines.

0c5d6d592e23b09ca5b6652f37d00520.jpg

According to ESPN Weddle and Cromartie expressed interest in joining the Panthers:

Safety Eric Weddle and cornerback Antonio Cromartie, two free agents who could fill needs for the Carolina Panthers, have expressed interest in playing for the reigning NFC champions.

Weddle "spoke longingly" of the Panthers, along with New England, Oakland and Pittsburgh, in Peter King’s MMQB. The 31-year-old Pro Bowler is set to become a free agent Wednesday after nine seasons with San Diego.

Three of those seasons (2008-10) came when Carolina head coach Ron Rivera was the Chargers’ defensive coordinator.

Cromartie, 31, tweeted this out earlier Monday:

@MettaWorld_Mack I like @Panthers. I would love playing on that defense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pa...rtie-express-interest-in-playing-for-panthers

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts

Just like I feared, after the combine all of these guys have Shaq Lawson going 10 and most have Dodd going top 9. Though, I can't imagine us going FS or WR in the first round, so I take these guys' opinions with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
G-reg posted on Twitter that he just finished filming something with Amy Schumer, Michael Strahan, Vernon Davis....and Tommy Bohanon. That's quite the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back