• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, he looks like a less roided David Boston. And you did forget Joey Galloway.

I think he's hoping that Gurley is available when we pick.

I'm talking myself into it especially if LTs are a reach. Be nice for the hometown kid to play for the home state team.

Gettleman article
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gettleman-panthers-options-no-glaring-no-25-234843912--nfl.html

They found potential stopgaps at tackle by adding free agents Michael Oher and Jonathan Martin, addressed their speed and the return game by bringing back Ted Ginn Jr. and filled a number of other holes on special teams and in the secondary by signing some experienced, low-risk free agents.

''We felt we hit those check boxes and I feel really good about that,'' Gettleman said.

TACKLE TALK: Gettleman said there are ''four to five'' players in the draft who can develop into quality left tackles in the NFL, although he wouldn't mention any by name.

''Is there a long-term guy at the left tackle spot who could be available for us at 25? Yes,'' Gettleman said.

The Panthers will start their third left tackle in as many years this season. Jordan Gross played there in 2012 before retiring, and Byron Bell - now with the Tennessee Titans - started there last year.

''You don't want any position to be a revolving door,'' Gettleman said.

RECEIVER DEPTH: While last year's draft was loaded with quality wide receivers, Gettleman believes this year's draft is actually deeper at that position. That means help for Benjamin could come after the first round.

No thanks. We don't need 3 DBs.

I have seen a lot of mock drafts predicting that we get Mike Davis in the 4-5th round. I wouldn't be against that if we don't get Gurley in the 1st.

Last edited:
He better be a HOFer to take a RB in the first round. And he may well be

Yeah using a first round draft pick on the least valuable position in football, on a guy who's coming back from a blown out knee sounds like a great idea.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah using a first round draft pick on the least valuable position in football, on a guy who's coming back from a blown out knee sounds like a great idea.
]

I don't necessarily disagree about Gurley, but I think the "RBs in the first round is a terrible idea" narrative is a little overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back