• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clicking on the ESPN front page about midseason reports for all teams led to this:

A look at the highs and lows in the first half of the season for the Houston Texans (3-5) and what to expect in the second half:

Midseason MVP: J.J. Watt. Many teams' plans this season have been to throw everything they can at Watt, and if someone else beats them, so be it. It worked for a lot of the season, but in the Texans' 20-6 win over the Tennessee Titans, Whitney Mercilus became such a problem that the Titans couldn't dedicate as many blockers to Watt, who feasted. He had 2.5 sacks and nine quarterback hits. Watt now is tied for the league lead with 8.5 sacks and is ahead of his 2014 pace in terms of defensive stats.

Best moment: Panthers linebacker Luke Keuchley's interception to stop the Colts in overtime of their Monday night contest. It might not seem like a Texans moment, but it was a big one. That play meant the Texans went into their bye week tied with the Colts for first place in the division. Both teams had 3-5 records at the time, an improbable conclusion to the first half of the season given the way it began for the Texans. It gave them a chance to control their fate. The Colts won Sunday, to pull half a game ahead, but they'll be off this weekend to balance the schedules.

From ESPN's Power Rankings:

What the fuck? We don't chose who we play.

I really am baffled by this. It's not like we finished in last place last year and got the dregs of the NFC West and North. We have beaten the teams that won both divisions last year, plus another playoff team. Not our fault they all have losing records. (Actually it kind of is, as noted above somewhere.)

Posted it in the week 9 thread but it deserves to go here as well.
aS4j1Ue.jpg

Elijah and his family are my neighbors. His aunt is a good friend. I woke up this morning to the news that he'd passed last night around 11 pm. I've never seen a stronger, more courageous 10 year old in my life. He faced a terrible and rare disease with the grace and dignity of someone far beyond his years.

Many thanks to Cam Newton, and many, many NASCAR stars, for all they did to make Elijah's final months special. Cam came by - really, unannounced - and crashed a neighborhood Halloween party, much to the delight of many - most importantly, Elijah. Cam actually rented an ice cream truck, too, and had it there for the kids.

Cancer does suck. Fuck it and what it does to families.

nobody throws 4 yard passes to wide open receivers like tom brady

it's almost like the coach, other players and system have a lot to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back