• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter if there was an altercation before the game?

Does 3 seconds of a dude holding a bat "provoking" OBJ make it ok for him to unleash 4 hours of cheap shots, punches, and childish antics? Seems like an anger problem if that's what set him off. May want to get him off the field in general for the safety of other people.

Does 3 seconds of a dude holding a bat "provoking" OBJ make it ok for him to unleash 4 hours of cheap shots, punches, and childish antics? Seems like an anger problem if that's what set him off. May want to get him off the field in general for the safety of other people.

Not to mention it was a practice squad player allegedly threatening him with a bat and the guy he was targeting was Josh Norman.

honest question that may have already been answered in other outlets - if Josh Norman had suffered a serious injury such as paralysis would ODB be facing criminal charges? I'm assuming because the suspension was removed that he wouldn't be. In that case is the reason he wouldn't be because he felt threatened for his safety and had to stand his ground? Sorry, I'm not a lawyer

I know in hockey people have faced assault charges before.

I'll let a lawyer answer, but I think assumption of risk has some play here. Not sure you assume to be completely blindsided by a raging lunatic who was mad about a practice player from 2 1/2 hours earlier though...

Something something, assumption of risk, reasonable player in their position, expected parameters of the sport, etc.

I think you would have to show that nobody in ODB's position would have done what he did and that it went beyond what was reasonable and expected in the sport. Seems like that was the case IIRC with the hockey cases over the past few years with slashes to the face.

Cool - then if I'm any other lunatic NFL player Im going out trying to murder the others teams best players with similar blindside hits to the head, especially knowing that I'm not likely to miss any playing time or even end up facing criminal charges if the target is seriously hurt. Good thing most people aren't lunatics - but Cam better watch his back now.

Something something, assumption of risk, reasonable player in their position, expected parameters of the sport, etc.

I think you would have to show that nobody in ODB's position would have done what he did and that it went beyond what was reasonable and expected in the sport. Seems like that was the case IIRC with the hockey cases over the past few years with slashes to the face.

he asked about criminal charges. not civil.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/20/josh-norman-odell-beckham-body-slam/

Norman wasn't innocent in this, note the knee to Beckham's head after the Beckham helmet-to-helmet. I don't think Beckham acted the way he did solely due to a pregame confrontation. I think it was a combination of Norman playing a little dirty, frustration over how the game was going, and the pregame BS of a practice player menacing him with a bat.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/20/josh-norman-odell-beckham-body-slam/

Norman wasn't innocent in this, note the knee to Beckham's head after the Beckham helmet-to-helmet. I don't think Beckham acted the way he did solely due to a pregame confrontation. I think it was a combination of Norman playing a little dirty, frustration over how the game was going, and the pregame BS of a practice player menacing him with a bat.

Nobody said Norman was innocent. He got fined, and should have gotten fined.

Norman shouldn't have gotten fined. I'm not afraid to say it. Total bullshit. He better pay $0 after OBJ won his

#keeppounding

a4a3ff7403e8696a815f1bfe9495f33c.jpg

There is no justification for what Beckham did when he hit Norman in the earhole. None. Whatsoever. The end.

Totally agree, inexcusable. The ultimate response is to win between the whistles which Beckham ultimately did by scoring the tying touchdown it's too bad the other nonsense happened in the meantime.

There is no justification for what Beckham did when he hit Norman in the earhole. None. Whatsoever. The end.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants brought Norman's Mic'd Up tape for the game to the hearing and cut a deal to overturn the suspension in exchange for not releasing the entire tape.

Totally agree, inexcusable. The ultimate response is to win between the whistles which Beckham ultimately did by scoring the tying touchdown it's too bad the other nonsense happened in the meantime.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back