• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

So Memphis loses to #10 Penn State, yet everyone keeps parroting granting a G5 team a playoff spot in an 8-team playoff. It's just asinine.

They just never recovered from last year’s Birmingham Bowl

Yep, and that's a point I've made this year about Memphis -- they're not really any better than Wake, not including our injuries at key positions.

Prediction:

Clemson 34
tOSU 28

Clemson just played a slightly tougher schedule in preparing for this game.

SEC officiating crew. Should be solid. More big game experience than either team.

So Memphis loses to #10 Penn State, yet everyone keeps parroting granting a G5 team a playoff spot in an 8-team playoff. It's just asinine.

Probably not the best example to use given Memphis lost their head coach a couple of weeks ago and was still in this game (one score behind) in the 4th quarter.

I think an 8 team playoff is a terrible idea, but don’t really care if a G5 team gets a spot. The #8 team is going to be pretty mediocre regardless.

Dangerous moment for Clemson here. If they force things and make a mistake here, it could be lights out already.

Probably not the best example to use given Memphis lost their head coach a couple of weeks ago and was still in this game (one score behind) in the 4th quarter.

I think an 8 team playoff is a terrible idea, but don’t really care if a G5 team gets a spot. The #8 team is going to be pretty mediocre regardless.

Yeah, but Memphis lost to at 2-loss PSU team that didn't even play in their conference championship and you'd be giving them a shot at a national championship which they compeltely don't deserve a shot at.

tOSU defense looking even better than the Tar Heel defense.

I’m just rooting for a game. This is a shitshow.

Replay got it right but disrupted the tempo

In fairness hose refs aren’t used to a team in red throwing the ball like that

Pretty sure Georgia had five receivers go pro after last year. Plumlee goes for like 350 yards a game too.

College football should require an 8 team playoff but it’s clear only four are necessary to be competitive. There’s just not enough parity.

Back