• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh, just heard Chris Fowler say that Clemson hadn't faced an elite QB or RB this year.

I heard Newman was a first round draft pick/Heisman candidate.

Good call. We need to get these high school football coaches with the program (and not throw JJ Holleman off the team for whatever it is he did).

Also need a better QB

feel like UGA had one or two on the roster

Huge drop by Dobbins. Best defensive play by Clemson tonight.

Enjoying watching Venebles get clowned but a little nervous these FGs are going to come back to haunt tOSU

Also need a better QB

feel like UGA had one or two on the roster

You should post at DawgVent.

Jake will be fine and so will his receivers. Kirby needs to learn from his in-game mistakes. The decision to stick with Fromm last year when he led the team to a first place finish in the SEC East and had Alabama down late in the SECCG before he put all his eggs in a fake punt basket and then went conservative on play calling wth the actual offense looms large, but Jake's obviously good enough to win a national championship. And you can only recruit and play so many in-state 4 and 5 star quarterbacks at once.

Watching O$U manhandle Clemson is sobering and a reminder of just how mediocre our “good” teams are.

After further review we need to keep viewers around so a perfectly legal hit is being called targeting

Dobbins with the big mess-up. Ohio St better hope Clemson doesn’t figure things out, because they’ve blown a chance to put this away early.

That was a straight-up helmet to helmet hit and rang Lawrence's bell. No problem with that call.

Clemson's missed field goal and Dobbins dropped screen pass are big swing plays in this game.

Only reason it was helmet to helmet is that Lawrence ducked into it. Dude didn’t lead with it as a weapon.

I hate O$U and their unkept fan base but that was 100% a we need to keep this thing competitive call.

Only reason it was helmet to helmet is that Lawrence ducked into it. Dude didn’t lead with it as a weapon.

I hate O$U and their unkept fan base but that was 100% a we need to keep this thing competitive call.

That first sentence is true but that's how it gets called every time. Lessen to be learned: don't lead with the crown of your helmet.

That first sentence is true but that's how it gets called every time. Lessen to be learned: don't lead with the crown of your helmet.

Fair enough. I say just go flag 7 v. 7 if we’re this big of pussies. It’s not like these spread college schemes actually prepare offensive linemen for the NFL.

I’m just never going to be okay with a defensive player getting flagged because the offensive player ducked into the contact.

Back