• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

How are these Penn St allegations in a federal lawsuit not getting more coverage? If they're found to be true and Franklin, basically the entire university, Happy Valley PD, and the DA covered them up, then that program needs the death penalty. They're already playing with as close to 3 strikes as you can get.

Chase Brice officially announces transfer.

Jarett Guarantano will return to UT and do something.

Lol. As if he had another choice? I swear even the players at Tennessee are deluded.

I don’t think this is talking about coming back vs growing pro but coming back vs transferring. There were rumors that he might grad transfer and finish somewhere else next year after the Pruitt grabbing him thing, getting benched a couple times last year, and a highly ranked freshman coming in.

I don’t think this is talking about coming back vs growing pro but coming back vs transferring. There were rumors that he might grad transfer and finish somewhere else next year after the Pruitt grabbing him thing, getting benched a couple times last year, and a highly ranked freshman coming in.

You think he had good options as a grad transfer ?

EOgJ_lmWsAAMZl3

Joe Burrow has a "that is one stupid motherfucker" look on his face. The guy with blond hair obviously is eating it up. Everyone else looks like that hate him.

this Jim brown college stats thing got me to researching players of his era and how he compared. In 1956, Brown was third in the nation in rushing with 986 yards and tied for first in rushing td's with 13. That was by far the best of his 3 years in college. Same year, 2nd in the nation in rushing with 1,010 yards was....Bill Barnes of Wake Forest!

I couldn't find total stats, but I found a wikipedia description of a contemporary of Brown who played at Arizona and had far better college numbers.

"Arthur Luppino (born c. 1934), also known as "The Cactus Comet", was an American football player. He grew up in La Jolla, California, and played college football for the Arizona Wildcats football team.[1][2][3] He twice led the NCAA major colleges in rushing yardage with 1,359 rushing yards in 1954 and 1,313 rushing yards in 1955.[4][5] In 1954, he also broke the NCAA modern-era single-season scoring record with 166 points.[6]"

I'm with shmoo on this one, what in the world did Jim Brown do as a college player that got him voted number one? On a different topic on Brown, he has been charged with multiple domestic violence incidents over the years.
https://deadspin.com/jim-brown-did-great-things-he-also-beat-woman-1784269329

Last edited:
Close up of Burrow and Edwards-Helaire

Close up of Burrow and Edwards-Helaire

That video is the ultimate in "showing respect for the office" while conveying their utter disdain for the idiot that occupies said office.

That video is the ultimate in "showing respect for the office" while conveying their utter disdain for the idiot that occupies said office.

Looks like the face of a man who knows he’s going to be a swing state QB.

He also has experience under a leaders who looks like a complete buffoon, although Coach O is actually good at his job.

Last edited:
Etienne coming back to Clemson. Didn't even consider that a possibility as a top 3 round RB. Maybe it's all just Dabo's culture, but I'm pretty confident Clemson is paying these guys bookoos of money.

Etienne coming back to Clemson. Didn't even consider that a possibility as a top 3 round RB. Maybe it's all just Dabo's culture, but I'm pretty confident Clemson is paying these guys bookoos of money.

Shocking. Whatever the athlete wants to do is fine, but with the exception of the ageless Frank Gore, RBs NFL careers are generally so short, they have to make money while they can. Also, almost more than any other position, RBs are one play away from a career ending injury. Hope this works out for him, but even if Etienne has another superlative year, his NFL stock will drop just because he is a year older and has another year of wear and tear. Hope Dabo pads the Clemson payments to Travis.

Back