• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Burrows stats are just insane. I think you could make a case for best season for any player at any position in college football history when you throw in that they were also 15-0 and won the national championship.

Burrows stats are just insane. I think you could make a case for best season for any player at any position in college football history when you throw in that they were also 15-0 and won the national championship.

I don't know, Jim Brown had a total of about 2000 yards and 20 TDs in three years at Syracuse (I think Jonathan Taylor hit those numbers this year alone), and got 5th in the Heisman one year, so I'm not sure how you beat that.

Meh, in 2001 I didn't see how Miami would ever drop off. In 2006 I didn't see how USC would ever drop off. It's all cyclical.

Nobody would've put LSU in that group before this year. 4 of those 6 teams lose their starting QB next year. UGA loses its QB, top RB, top WR, and 4 starting OL.

Miami and USC both experienced serious NCAA scandals as well as multiple coaching changes.

I don't know, Jim Brown had a total of about 2000 yards and 20 TDs in three years at Syracuse (I think Jonathan Taylor hit those numbers this year alone), and got 5th in the Heisman one year, so I'm not sure how you beat that.

I agree that it's difficult to compare players from different eras.

I agree that it's difficult to compare players from different eras.

Usually when you're comparing players from different eras, the player from the earlier era has better stats and the argument is that he was able to get those stats playing against inferior competition. Not the case here.

But, I was remiss in not saying that I'm sure he was voted fifth for the Heisman because he is black, and no black person had ever won at that point.

Where does LSU rank among greatest teams ever? It's without debate the greatest QB season ever.

Burrow was in a different league from every other QB that I saw play. He has accuracy comparable to the #9 of the Saints.

Also, the defensive backfield for LSU was incredibly good. All in all the best college team I can remember.

Usually when you're comparing players from different eras, the player from the earlier era has better stats and the argument is that he was able to get those stats playing against inferior competition. Not the case here.

But, I was remiss in not saying that I'm sure he was voted fifth for the Heisman because he is black, and no black person had ever won at that point.

If you're trying to argue that Herschel should have been #1 instead of #2, I'm willing to go along with you.

Herschel definitely had the stats to back it up. I am basing this purely on stats, but I don't even see why Brown is in the top 50 based on stats.

is Coach O the most fun coach to play for in the ncaa?

Only 9 regular season games back then too....

Jarett Guarantano will return to UT and do something.

Back