• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

I think GT may be lucky to keep the game within 36 points. They couldn’t have worse time to play a team like Clemson.

A question for everyone..........who will lose by a bigger margin this week?
GT vs Clemson or Duke vs Alabama?

Very tough one. GT will be breaking in a wholesale change in offensive scheme with an entire roster of players who weren’t recruited for it. But Alabama’s ability to put up points in a hurry is insane and their defense should throttle Duke’s offense without Peyton Manning...I mean Daniel Jones. Realistically Bama and Clemson will win by as much as their respective coaches want.

Agree that both are a "name your score" kind of game for Clemson & Alabama... But I feel like Bama more motivated to put an epic beat-down on the Blue Devils.

Alabama is coming off an ass-kicking (to an ACC team) in the National Championship. They have a weak schedule... This is their only real OOC game. Duke is probably not going to be good this year... Same coach, new QB. I could see Bama winning this one like 63-10.

Clemson more likely to "call off the dogs" once the game is in hand, I think... Call it 52-17. GT likely to play the full game given the new coach and enthusiasm around the program. Maybe they can get some points late.

Obviously, neither game is very compelling.

Duke gonna get their ass kicked just like we did with them last year and they'll still get more hype than us

Don't know about Bama giving so many points. Is Saban really going to want to embarrass Cutcliffe? I can see Bama getting out to a comfortable lead and taking its foot off the gas. Think WF's view of Duke is somewhat warped by the beat-down in Durham last November. Duke has steadily raised their talent level, and their defense is decent and experienced. Just don't think its one of those games where Duke is so bad that Bama can't help itself from scoring 60+. I can see the final something along the lines of the Duke/Clemson game last year: 35-6. I would pass.

FWIW, I like UVA -2.5, ECU +20, Rutgers -13.5, UNC/S.Carolina Under 63, FSU -5.5

Don't know about Bama giving so many points. Is Saban really going to want to embarrass Cutcliffe? I can see Bama getting out to a comfortable lead and taking its foot off the gas. Think WF's view of Duke is somewhat warped by the beat-down in Durham last November. Duke has steadily raised their talent level, and their defense is decent and experienced. Just don't think its one of those games where Duke is so bad that Bama can't help itself from scoring 60+. I can see the final something along the lines of the Duke/Clemson game last year: 35-6. I would pass.

FWIW, I like UVA -2.5, ECU +20, Rutgers -13.5, UNC/S.Carolina Under 63, FSU -5.5

they beat Duke 62-13 in Durham in 2010

they beat Duke 62-13 in Durham in 2010

Yes, that is when Duke was so bad that Bama couldn't stop itself from scoring. The week before Bama scored 62, a terrible 2010 (3-9) WF team, QB'd by Ted Stachitas and Skylar Jones scored 54 against the Devils.

seems like Saban wanted to embarrass Cutcliffe. Probably was pissed he had to go to Durham and play in a high school stadium.

Yeah, it's not my style to ever lay ~35 points... So I'm not playing that one. But I do think that Bama will beat them worse than 35-6.

I'm torn on UVA/Pitt. I don't see ECU +20 anymore... It's down to like +16, which means I won't be playing that one.

Why do you like FSU? I was contemplating Boise State, even though I think they lost a lot of players from last year's team... I just hate the Noles.

Haven't put any actual money down, but I'm still looking at Cincy -2.5 over UCLA. Waiting on BYU +6.5 over Utah because I'd like to get +7 if I can. Same goes for USF at home against Wisconsin... I'd like to get +14 there.

I don't love anything on Saturday. At least not yet. Fresno State +13.5 @ USC may be interesting.

Bama is next-guy-up as any team can be, but losing their second ILB for the season -- this one a Butkus finalist set to be primary defensive play-caller -- hurts

Like FSU because they have a new OC in Kendal Briles who knows how to run a prolific offense and like FSU's skill position talent (I love Cam Akers and thing about Baylor, Briles was an offensive coach at Baylor when they were an offensive force, is that as part of spreading the field to cover their receivers, Baylor would gash teams with the run -- perfect spot for Akers; Blackmon has talent and FSU always has a deep set of receivers); FSU's recent problem has been its OL, if FSU's OL is simply mediocre they will score points. Also, Boise lost a lot off their offense, including their QB, stud RB and top receivers. Also, not sure how well Boise is going to deal with the Florida heat. FSU has to win this game, or Taggart is in major trouble. Finally, think Taggart will be far better in year #2. Line is less than a TD. Will give the points.

Yes, that is when Duke was so bad that Bama couldn't stop itself from scoring. The week before Bama scored 62, a terrible 2010 (3-9) WF team, QB'd by Ted Stachitas and Skylar Jones scored 54 against the Devils.

Ehh if I remember right, Tanner ripped up Duke that game for like 300+ yards. Who knew that would be our last win until the season finale at Vandy.

Auburn v. Oregon (+3.5) is a big game this weekend in Arlington, TX. Gus Malzahn will be doing the playcalling again this year and his job is probably on the line. Not sure what the criteria for keeping his job are, but it's on the line. If Auburn loses, things could go downhill in a hurry.

Some are picking Oregon to win the PAC 12, along with Washington and Utah, and even Southern Cal. Justin Herbert needs a big game here against a good but not great SEC team to keep the PAC 12 relevant.

Love that Auburn is favored in a neutral site game against a higher-ranked team in game one of the season for each.

Game of the weekend, for sure.

I lean Auburn, but I love watching them lose... So it’ll be tough to want to wager.

Taking BYU +6.5 tonight.

Not taking Cincy over UCLA, as I had planned on doing all week. Something just doesn't feel right with that line move / action. Cincy seems far too consensus for my liking. Not wagering on that game.

SDSU vs. Minnesota could be a game.

Taking BYU +6.5 tonight.

Not taking Cincy over UCLA, as I had planned on doing all week. Something just doesn't feel right with that line move / action. Cincy seems far too consensus for my liking. Not wagering on that game.

Line moved to +7 on Bovada, ironically I've been waiting for the line to go back to -6.5 so I can take Utah.

Yeah Cincy-UCLA is a tough one. Cincy won last year but won the turnover battle by 3 and the teams had roughly equal yardage. Cincy is at home coming off a big season facing a big name coming off a bad year and the line is only 2.5 - meaning something is definitely bleh there. That said the line is really juicy for Cincy. May put a small wager on them to cover

Back