• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Florida had a chance to really put a beat down on Miami when they were about to go up 14-3, but it didn't happen and the entire course of the mistake-filled game changed.

Miami's not bad. No reason to think they can't win the Coastal. Their defense looked pretty good at times and their offense will likely improve.

Agree. Miami certainly has some pieces. Tough to really get a read on Williams given he was pressured all night, but he looked OK. If he can play game manager and not make big mistakes, the defense will likely win them a lot of games. If I were Miami fan, I'd still have the same concerns I had entering the season... Will the offense be good enough? Will have to wait and see how they do against a more pedestrian defense... Maybe Williams will suck when he has time in the pocket to look downfield more often.

The sloppy, boneheaded errors on both sides made the game a tough watch. That Franks 4Q INT was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I don't think you have to exclusively run the ball in that situation, but to throw the ball in an area w/ 3 Miami players and zero Florida players (on 1st down!) was awful.

Franks punted the ball into the stands after throwing a pick that should have cost his team the game.

I mean, I wish we saw people punt the ball into the stands more often. I just don't think that is the appropriate moment.

UF-UM: both defenses were pretty good and both offenses were pretty bad

Was the defense that good? Some shittacular tackling for sure

Front 7s were good

CB #3 on UF got roasted -- can't imagine Gator fans are gonna be real happy with him this season

Miami's o-line was pathetic. Reminded me of Wolford's first start at UL-M. Literally a jail-break on every play. While the ACC Coastal sucks, barring massive improvement, don't see the Canes winning the division with that OL.

Let's talk about Thursday's games...

I'm excited to watch UCLA @ Cincinnati (7pm ESPN - Cincy -2.5)... Chip Kelly Year 2 against what is expected to be the best Group of 5 team.
Will probably also watch GT @ Clemson (8pm ACCN - Clemson -36) for a little bit... My new neighbor is the GT OC. I want to have something nice to say when I see him out watering the grass this weekend.
If I can manage to stay up, I'll probably peep a bit of the Holy War - A much hyped Utah heads to BYU (10:15pm ESPN - Utah -6).

Damn, that Cincy line is very intriguing. Really wishing I had put money on both UF and Miami under 9 season wins. Seems like a push at worst for both.

Gotta go with Cincinnati -2.5 there, right ? I would have thought it would be higher than that.

Gotta go with Cincinnati -2.5 there, right ? I would have thought it would be higher than that.

I was told it was at -3 most places... I'd still take Cincy. Gets dicey for me once it moves higher than a FG.

Should be an entertaining game, at least.

Will start really looking at this weekend's slate of games tomorrow.

I’m glad that UF has two weeks before their next game.

Miami's o-line was pathetic. Reminded me of Wolford's first start at UL-M. Literally a jail-break on every play. While the ACC Coastal sucks, barring massive improvement, don't see the Canes winning the division with that OL.

It's probably just that the massive SEC D-Line was that good don't you think? I mean there are up to 7 to 9 of those teams in the preseason rankings and power rankings. :couch:

Yeah, you probably want to keep that stuff internal... Especially given the guy had zero time to do anything every single time he dropped back.

Yeah, you probably want to keep that stuff internal... Especially given the guy had zero time to do anything every single time he dropped back.

A few of his sacks were quick pressures, but the majority were because he held the ball forever. He'd lock on to his primary read, never move off of it, and then get sacked after holding the ball in the pocket for 5-6 seconds if the guy wasn't open. Zero awareness of the rush and complete inability to go through progressions. I realize he's a freshman and those things can improve, but I was not impressed at all with Miami's QB.

A few of his sacks were quick pressures, but the majority were because he held the ball forever. He'd lock on to his primary read, never move off of it, and then get sacked after holding the ball in the pocket for 5-6 seconds if the guy wasn't open. Zero awareness of the rush and complete inability to go through progressions. I realize he's a freshman and those things can improve, but I was not impressed at all with Miami's QB.

I can agree with most of that. Doesn't change the fact that the Miami OL was basically a sieve and Enos sounds like a dick in those comments.

I wouldn't say I was unimpressed w/ Williams... He kept them in the game by not turning the ball over. Not sure why people had high expectations for him. I think I said it earlier on this thread... If you are Miami, you can probably live w/ a "game manager" type QB given the defense.

Let's talk about Thursday's games...

I'm excited to watch UCLA @ Cincinnati (7pm ESPN - Cincy -2.5)... Chip Kelly Year 2 against what is expected to be the best Group of 5 team.
Will probably also watch GT @ Clemson (8pm ACCN - Clemson -36) for a little bit... My new neighbor is the GT OC. I want to have something nice to say when I see him out watering the grass this weekend.
If I can manage to stay up, I'll probably peep a bit of the Holy War - A much hyped Utah heads to BYU (10:15pm ESPN - Utah -6).

I think GT may be lucky to keep the game within 36 points. They couldn’t have worse time to play a team like Clemson.

A question for everyone..........who will lose by a bigger margin this week?
GT vs Clemson or Duke vs Alabama?

Back