• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

State has benched their starting QB Matthew McKay and they are going with Sophmore JUCO transfer Bailey Hockman at QB. The Pack are also missing one of their best OL and RB Ricky Person. Cuse was awful to start the year, embarrassed at MD, crushed at home by Clemson, and but they then bullied W. Michigan and Holy Cross. Essentially, Cuse has had 3 weeks to prepare for this game. Both teams have been disappointing; the Cuse defense was projected to be elite, but they have been horrible all year. Think it will be close, but give the edge to Cuse with Tommy DeVito at QB (11 TDs 5 picks on the season). He can also run a little. The loser will have a rough time getting to be bowl eligible.

Agree with this. State should have a good crowd for this night game, but QB play has been pretty bad. I see Cuse winning a close one, and the Pack faithful won't be happy with DD.

Oh whoops good call on rice I don’t know why I threw them in.

So you think they just add nobody then? None of the reasonable options are good at basketball.

Oh whoops good call on rice I don’t know why I threw them in.

So you think they just add nobody then? None of the reasonable options are good at basketball.

I don't think they add anybody. If they hadn't added Wichita State recently, I could see them making a hard push for football. Army would make by far the most sense if the Army-Navy game wouldn't completely screw up the AAC championship game.

11 teams is awkward for divisions and too big for no divisions. Kind of a weird spot. Their commissioner said they weren’t interested in adding anyone but that just seems corporate speak for now.

Army is loving their independent status in football, and Navy is regretting joining the AAC for football. There is common perception among those that follow the military academies that Army's rise and Navy's fall as football programs is Navy's decision to join the AAC. Not sure what the termination provisions are for Navy, but sounds like Navy wouldn't mind exiting (Navy is a football only member of the AAC; Army and Navy are in the Patriot League in all other sports).

Yeah. I wouldn’t be shocked if Navy left either. The AAC is a weird holding area until P5 conferences want to expand again or AAC teams get good enough to demand a seat at the table. Right now, it doesn’t look like either will be happening anytime soon.

App can win out IF they beat USC. I don't think any of their next 3 are close then they get 9 days to prepare for USC. So far, Apps defense has responded well with 9-14 days to prepare against UNC and U-LaLa. Would get the conference championship in Boone as well.

Even at 13-0, would still need help to get a NY6 bowl

App can win out IF they beat USC. I don't think any of their next 3 are close then they get 9 days to prepare for USC. So far, Apps defense has responded well with 9-14 days to prepare against UNC and U-LaLa. Would get the conference championship in Boone as well.

Even at 13-0, would still need help to get a NY6 bowl

13-0 with a win over South Carolina would have App in if they’re the only undefeated P5. They’d be top 10-15 in the country.

13-0 with a win over South Carolina would have App in if they’re the only undefeated P5. They’d be top 10-15 in the country.

App at 13-0 isn't getting in over undefeated Boise, which is what I meant by needing help. SMU/Memphis will need to lose as well but that will probably happen

Memphis will lose to Tulane next week. You heard it here first.

Not 100% sure an unbeaten App would get a NY6 bid over a one-loss conference champ from the MWC or AAC with a solid resume, though imagine they probably would for political reasons, especially having beaten two P5 teams on the road

The 2019 College Football Thread ! Syracuse at NC State -4.5 at 8PM TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!

Not 100% sure an unbeaten App would get a NY6 bid over a one-loss conference champ from the MWC or AAC with a solid resume, though imagine they probably would for political reasons, especially having beaten two P5 teams on the road

Depends on when the MWC/AAC team loses and to whom I’d think. The CFB poll is a little better than the AP/coaches as far as “win and move up, lose and drop several spots” but it’s still basically a horse race polling system. App will be ranked next week and so within 10 spots or so of Boise. A win over South Carolina is gonna be better than any win Boise has and would jump them higher that week. I’d think winning out would have them a couple spots ahead of a one loss Boise.

FWIW here are G5 SP+ rankings at present:

22. UCF
24. Memphis
38. Cincy
42. SMU
44. Tulane
47. Boise
49. App

Cutting in Boise and App’s favor is that they play in substantially easier conferences (notably they don’t have a conference where all top five G5 teams currently reside).

Depends on when the MWC/AAC team loses and to whom I’d think. The CFB poll is a little better than the AP/coaches as far as “win and move up, lose and drop several spots” but it’s still basically a horse race polling system. App will be ranked next week and so within 10 spots or so of Boise. A win over South Carolina is gonna be better than any win Boise has and would jump them higher that week. I’d think winning out would have them a couple spots ahead of a one loss Boise.

FWIW here are G5 SP+ rankings at present:

22. UCF
24. Memphis
38. Cincy
42. SMU
44. Tulane
47. Boise
49. App

Cutting in Boise and App’s favor is that they play in substantially easier conferences (notably they don’t have a conference where all top five G5 teams currently reside).

Florida State (who Boise beat) is ranked #40 in Sagarin; S. Carolina is #38 (in Sagarin), how each team plays down the stretch will determine whether Boise's win or App's win is better. Plus, Boise plays in a conference (Mountain West) which is rated higher than the Sun Belt. The strongest argument for App if they beat S. Carolina is that they will have 2 wins over Power V conference teams, and no other Group of 6 conference team will have more than 1. Of the teams listed above, I think the best win is SMU's over TCU. Also, Memphis and SMU play each other, and so the winner of that game will have another quality win.

State can’t get the ball in the end zone, but they’ve managed 2 Fgs to lead 6-0.
Meanwhile, Syracuse’s offense is nonexistent. State has 98 yds, Cuse has 9.

It’s so very NC State that there is a commercial featuring a famous bass fisherman shilling for boner pills.

I got a good laugh out of Leary ducking all those guys and losing his shoe just to throw what should have been called a lateral out of bounds for a loss. Then the punt hit the goalline with the yards they shouldn’t have had.

Back