• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think that column sucks.

We're def Cane fans tonight. Improve our bowl standing vis-a-vis the Hoos

Yeah if Miami wins tonight and Pitt, UNC, or UVA don't win out (hopefully they just all split from here on out) it's difficult for me to see a world where a two loss Wake doesn't have the second highest conference ranking (assuming one loss is to Clemson and arguably if the second loss isn't the season finale to Cuse). I guess if Miami wins out they'd be ranked but then have to play Clemson.

Huge boost for the Atlantic that the Coastal champ has to play their last game against Clemson.

These past two nights have been pretty embarrassing for the ACC. Let’s hope we don’t make it there in a row.

Yeah. We had some entertaining conference games last week. These two were just plain bad.

Yeah, that and the whole second best team in the ACC narrative. I think we’ll see a good number of points today, probably from both sides. But if Wake loses to a team people weren’t expecting to make a bowl this season, possibly dropping out of the polls, the whole conference looks like doo doo.

Yeah the ACC would have one ranked team halfway through the season. I still like Miami a decent amount to win the Coastal. Gonna be absolute carnage there.

Yeah. We had some entertaining conference games last week. These two were just plain bad.

Yep. Turned both games off halfway through second quarter. Four shitty teams playing terrible football. Sleep was the better alternative.

College GameDay earlier:

Rece Davis: "You know you've [talking to Kirk] already made fun of all the teams in the Coastal having a chance to beat Clemson, but what about one of the undefeated teams in the ACC, Wake Forest. They got a date coming up with Clemson but first they've got to get by Louisville. I got to tell you, they've got an offense [Wake] that is humming. Jamie Newman has been sensational. Wake leads the ACC in total offense and scoring. Sage Surratt has 6 TDs, that's the same as Jerry Jeudy. Louisville is giving up a bunch of yards but they're gonna go with M. Cunningham at QB and then J. Hawkins [RB]; this is a top 20 rushing offense. Wake Forest ought to be careful here."

Rece: "Is Wake a legitimate threat here?"

David Pollack: No they're not. I don't think they're a legitimate threat. Clawson is 0-6 off of byes. Why? I don't know why that happens but sometimes the numbers just stick out and Bear teaches you to kimd of look at them and focus on the a little bit. Newman has been great. I think they'll win today. Wake Forest is good (says it sheepishly). They're a good team.

Kirk: "Well that's what they are. And they're very efficient. Jamie Newman has been an amazing story. But I think Louisville with Scott Satterfield, they made some changes at the QB with Cunningham, running the ball a little bit more with the QB in play, I think they could actually beat Wake today.

Rece: "You calling that?"

Kirk: "Yeah I'll call it."

Desmond: "I got Wake."

Bear: "You know that I love Wake Forest. And they're a big season win total, but you look at the ACC wins both were 1 possession wins, Utah St was a 1 possession win. I think it's a close game today. I came real close to throwing the ole Cardinals up on the board."

The 2019 College Football Thread ! THE RED RIVER SHOOTOUT PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW !!!!!!!

Thanks for the recap.

I hope our players know how much they have to prove. State was undefeated at this point last year. We beat them a few weeks later and a year later they suck.

Why is LSU-UF on ESPN and not the 3:30 CBS game or even the ABC game?

Last edited:
I don't hold much stock in what happened after the bye weeks in 2014, 2015, or 2016. We were a bad football team in 2014 and 2015. In 2016, Army's defense appeared to know every play our offense tried to run. The past two years, we fell apart against georgia tech and fsu after getting off to good starts. Regardless, I'm glad coach is always evaluating and trying to figure out things we can do better.

FWIW, 2013 bowling green also lost 28-25 at home to Toledo after their bye week. It was their only conference loss that year.

So, yeah, Texas has no chance in this game.

I have a hard time listening to Gus Johnson anymore. He’s always yelling

So, yeah, Texas has no chance in this game.

Feels like the USU-LSU game last week. USU got some turnovers to stay in it early but couldn’t convert then they got steamrolled.

Back