• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

I’m surprised at the Alabama/LSU line, especially at Alabama. I know LSU is the media darling this season but Alabama has an unfathomable amount of offensive firepower and clearly superior coaching. They should also surely be fired up knowing that this is essentially a must win in order to make the playoff.

Still don't know how to embed tweets here, but Young released a statement saying that he received a loan from a family friend to pay off basic living expenses in 2018, and paid off that loan this summer. If true (more details/proof needed), people are saying 1 game suspension, possibly two, likely.

I’m surprised at the Alabama/LSU line, especially at Alabama. I know LSU is the media darling this season but Alabama has an unfathomable amount of offensive firepower and clearly superior coaching. They should also surely be fired up knowing that this is essentially a must win in order to make the playoff.

I still don't really think Tua is going to play, and if he does, I think he could look bad like vs UGA in the SEC Championship last year, before Jalen saved the day.

I still don't really think Tua is going to play, and if he does, I think he could look bad like vs UGA in the SEC Championship last year, before Jalen saved the day.

I think he will almost certainly play unless he is truly hobbled. Can’t imagine him not giving it a go in a game this big. That said, if he’s not at least a reasonable version of himself then Alabama will lose.

I think Tua is going to play. And even if he doesn't, Mac Jones has looked good enough to find three awesome receivers against the LSU defense.

Still don't know how to embed tweets here, but Young released a statement saying that he received a loan from a family friend to pay off basic living expenses in 2018, and paid off that loan this summer. If true (more details/proof needed), people are saying 1 game suspension, possibly two, likely.

I have a bunch of tickets on the 40 yard line for the Duke game.
$20 each. Message me if interested.

UCF was a Scott Frost fueled flash in the pan.

Change my mind.

I mean, they made a New Year's Six bowl before Frost.

Depends on what exactly you mean by flash in the pan

Last edited:
Alright! Need to start seeing some chaos for the Deacs to get in that Top 4 for the playoff. For this exercise going to rule out all 2 loss teams and any G5 team. Some picks below are strategic, for the next couple weeks. Let’s get it going:

0. Wake beat Va Tech (8-1 CFP top 15)

1. (17) Minnesota beat (4) PSU (Minny will lose to Iowa or Wiscy and OSU if they win the West, huge to get PSU a loss and then root for OSU against PSU)

2. Maryland beat (1) OSU (not happening, frankly counting OSU in, and hoping they eliminate the rest of the BIG)

3. TCU beat (12) Baylor (Baylor loses here but beats Oklahoma, bye bye Big 12)

4. (2) LSU beat (3) Bama (I have joined the camp that a 1 loss, non champion Bama, without a win against LSU, wont get in)

5. Missouri beat (6) UGA (Get rid of SEC East and Biff)

6. (5) Clemson beat NC St (need them undefeated)

7. Iowa St beat (9) Oklahoma (if Oklahoma loses here, actually rooting for them to win out)

Go Deacs! Beat Bud.

Good stuff again. And following on your tails, here are the teams to pull for today for Wake's OB bid:

1. Miami over Louisville
2. Georgia Tech over Virginia
3. Clemson over N.C. State

I have Miami over Louisville as the top pick because this is Louisville's toughest remaining game and best shot at losing their fourth. With a win here they have decently easy games with Syracuse and State before a finale on the road at a solid Kentucky team. It'd be nice to have Louisville out of the conversation, especially since both Virginia and Clemson are big favorites today. Miami is still a 6.5 point favorite right now.

The 2019 College Football Thread ! #2 LSU at #3 Alabama (-6), 3:30 on CBS !!!!!!!!!!!

But for CFP rankings, we want Louisville to beat Miami. Basically the outcome works for us either way.

Just saw that game is on ESPN2 while we are on ACCN. That’s sucks. Didn’t realize Miami was favored too.

Last edited:
But for CFP rankings, we want Louisville to beat Miami. Basically the outcome works for us either way.

yeah. i think our chances of making the orange bowl with two more losses are roughly equal to the chance of us winning the acc. and the latter is obviously a much much much bigger deal.

Biff's picks:

Penn State 31
Minnesota 30

Alabama 38
LSU 35

Back