• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

i

From ESPN survey of all head coaches. This is so on-brand for the SEC. Chickenshit Saturday must not be stopped!!!

is Chickenshit Saturday the one before the rivalry weekend?

Yes, this year six SEC teams are playing conference games, five are playing garbage teams, and Ole Miss has a bye.

Conversely, in the ACC, eight teams are playing conference games, three teams are playing garbage teams, BC is playing ND, and two teams have a bye.

All B1G teams are playing a conference game, having defeated their allotment of cupcakes earlier in the season.

WTF is this Mullen guy talking about ?

#ThirdAndGrantham is a real thing.

Yes, this year six SEC teams are playing conference games, five are playing garbage teams, and Ole Miss has a bye.

Conversely, in the ACC, eight teams are playing conference games, three teams are playing garbage teams, BC is playing ND, and two teams have a bye.

All B1G teams are playing a conference game, having defeated their allotment of cupcakes earlier in the season.

You don't see B1G teams playing cupcakes late in the year in part because B1G teams play 9 conference games.

SEC coaches have stated time and time again they don't want to play 9 conference games. They want the chickenshit wins.

SEC coaches have stated time and time again they don't want to play 9 conference games. They want the chickenshit wins.

Adding Vandy or SC to the schedule is pretty chickenshit too.

Instead of more incest in the schedule, I’d rather see every P5 team commit to playing two P5 OOC games a year so we actually know which conference is better. Ideally there would be both 9 conference games, 2 P5 games, and 1 G6 game.

I join you in demanding that the ACC add a ninth conference game.

Adding Vandy or SC to the schedule is pretty chickenshit too.

Instead of more incest in the schedule, I’d rather see every P5 team commit to playing two P5 OOC games a year so we actually know which conference is better. Ideally there would be both 9 conference games, 2 P5 games, and 1 G6 game.

You don't get to pick your opponent from the other division in conference play. It could just as easily be Georgia or Florida. You know that.

Well, 8 ACC coaches seemingly want that. 1 SEC coach does (and 3 were too chickenshit to answer the question). They're pussies.

Why are you trying to defund the athletics budgets of Western Carolina, UMass, Bethune-Cookman, and New Mexico State ? It's very elitist of you.

Also, SEC and ACC teams play rivalry games that would be adversely impacted by another conference game -- Clemson, South Carolina, Florida, FSU, sometimes Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss plays Memphis, Texas A&M should go back to playing Texas or Oklahoma.

On the pragmatic side, tOSU has royally shit the bed the past couple of years in extra conference games against the B1G West, so why would any conference want to replicate that kind of dumbness when their champion is being rewarded for going 13-0 and winning the conference ?

Series like Georgia-Notre Dame, Clemson-A&M, LSU-Texas are less likiely to get scheduled with a 9-game conference schedule and an OOC rivalry game.

The 2019 College Football Thread ! Virgina Takes Control in Coastal ! UNC-CH 4-5 !!!!

You don't get to pick your opponent from the other division in conference play. It could just as easily be Georgia or Florida. You know that.

Yeah. We all know that. Why should I have to explain something we all know?

I assume you also understand my point was there’s no guarantee a 9th SEC game would be more better than an OOC P5 opponent but you chose to play dumb.

I'm not playing.

I get that. Not sure tiger does though.

More explanation in my second post.

I wonder who the head coach was who voted in the Notre Dame poll.

Re: whether the committee would keep ranking if there's no OB-eligible team in the Top 25, found this article on the non-Power 5 conferences being guaranteed a spot back in the day: https://www.si.com/college-football/2012/11/12/college-football-playoff-six-bowls.

The previous format mandated a minimum threshold for non-AQ teams: top 12, or in some circumstances, top 16. So what happens if the selection committee ranks its top 20 teams and there's no Group of Five member to be found?

"Keep ranking," said BCS executive director Bill Hancock.

Looks like this was when they were only planning on ranking 20 teams, but pretty clearly says if there's no Group of 5 team ranked they'll just keep ranking teams, which lends me to believe ACC process would be similar

Back